My thoughts on first hour of the game. (spoilers)

#11BardWannabePosted 2/18/2013 8:35:54 AM
I think the story complaints are exaggerated. I had the same feelings at the opening with Serah and Noel--the game does resolve (or at the least attempts to answer) these confusions later on. It's not a great story, but have faith that it does have some rationale behind it.
#12VegerunksPosted 2/18/2013 12:19:50 PM
BardWannabe posted...
I think the story complaints are exaggerated. I had the same feelings at the opening with Serah and Noel--the game does resolve (or at the least attempts to answer) these confusions later on. It's not a great story, but have faith that it does have some rationale behind it.

Well honestly most of the story is told from Lightning's voice so honestly I don't see why you should know anything more than she does?
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#13andsoitendsPosted 2/18/2013 8:09:35 PM
This game actually reminds of KH:3D, like in every way.
---
and to think ill be 25 this year.....ugh god, i just dont even care anymore imma spend my time playing skyrim - Spike, on being a virgin
#14Destroyer_MagePosted 2/19/2013 12:16:21 AM
andsoitends posted...

Really? I've never played KH:3D and I don't think I will unless we get it as part of KH2.5 , so could you please explain how KH:3D is similar to FFXIII-2 (other than time travel).
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man. -Balthier
#15RedWarlordPosted 2/22/2013 5:34:38 PM
Tell me it gets better...

Ugh, I am a diehard FF fan from the PSX days, but I hated FFXIII so much. I shelved XII-2, but I finally trudged my way through XIII again so I could play -2... and I'm already miserable a couple hours in.

Sarah's the protagonist, which I didn't know about, and there's a huge mess with time/future whatever Marty McFly, and Lightning is stuck in some kind of epic, <s>needless</s> endless battle with some guy I don't know or care about. I guess he's on the cover, but until I put the game in, I thought he was a girl, because his scarf looked like a boob. Yeah, look at it again. I thought that was a tit.

To top it off, they told me the ending I saw in XIII, which was the cherry on top of the sh!t Sunday, never happened, and Serah has dementia about Light being there, which is weird because I'm pretty sure I played as Light in the final fight.

And Snow does something dumb like leave on a quest to find Lightning after he just went through ALL THIS CRAP to get his girlfriend back. Uh, good idea! That's just what Light would have wanted, for you to leave her sister alone in a world filled with monsters.

And then this SORA look-alike comes in KH or the future or something and turns out to be the last living human being alive or something, and now he's all putting the moves on Serah, because this is the first girl he has ever met (it must be! There's no other humans alive!)

And worse, even worse, the combat system is exactly the same pile of sh!t that the last game was. Auto-battle, auto-battle, shift, auto-battle, shift back, auto-battle. I don't know what I was expecting, but tell me it gets better, please...
#16SoeroahPosted 2/22/2013 7:51:11 PM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
andsoitends posted...

Really? I've never played KH:3D and I don't think I will unless we get it as part of KH2.5 , so could you please explain how KH:3D is similar to FFXIII-2 (other than time travel).

Starts partway into the story, then you get to see exposition and cutscenes that led up to what's going on in optional flashback scenes.

They basically got rid of a bunch of exposition and made it optional and provided at specific points while you play.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.