Why is Academia 400AF so annoying? SPOILERS

#11TheGlowPosted 2/24/2013 6:41:37 PM
Jeez, what a horror. Just did this and I was very tempted to just turn it off and play something else.
1 guy appear and fight starts, always 2+.
Try to run, nothing anywhere near your screen, yet another fight with 5 monsters.
1-3 CP, no gil. Pointless fest.
#12JoolsyPosted 2/25/2013 3:32:38 AM
Agreed. Truly horrible. That level is just a chore and that's the worst thing a game should ever be imho.
---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~
#13VegerunksPosted 2/25/2013 3:44:31 PM
Every time i have to return to the damned level I take the Field Killer so i don't have to deal with it anymore.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#14gamermasterwizPosted 2/25/2013 5:19:34 PM
You'll like the level once you begin leveling up.

But yeah it's so hard to move around when 2-3 people turn into a Cieth.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#15TheGlowPosted 2/26/2013 7:18:41 AM
Again, it's not just the volume of the fights, it's just the suspension of rules that the game followed up till then.
You see 1 guy, surprise, you're fighting 3-6 of them.
You run, no one near you, yet it will still force the fight when times up, so no preemptive.
Fights starting right in front of you sometimes faster than you can even draw your weapon to attempt to preempt.
Then the lack of gil/cp.
I have the COM Lightning, otherwise I think I would lose my mind taking more than 6 secs.
Also I like how you can finish a fight in 4 secs, 2 min target time, and still get 4 stars only.
#16BreyantPosted 2/28/2013 3:55:03 AM
After feeling mehh about FFXIII and really not liking how FFXIII-2 was turning out so far, once I got to that area I had a hard time finding a reason to continue. I'm pretty sure I stopped playing for at least a couple weeks because I could not believe they'd put in something that stupid.

Honestly what they were thinking, I have no idea. Did they think the constant fights would be suspenseful or something?
#17VanilleHopenPosted 3/1/2013 2:44:17 AM
ya all those fights were extremly annoying and were just a waste of time..

shame to cuz i loved the setting.. it was like downtown tokyo with all those bright billboard signs.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#18Retroxgamer0Posted 3/3/2013 11:51:22 AM(edited)
theres a specific long narrow platform that has an extra high spawn ratio of like 500% the normal spawn rate. i would advise you move very quickly across that platform. i think youll know which one as soon as you step on it lol.
#19Nazgath91Posted 3/8/2013 9:09:50 AM
I loved XIII, I loved every single bit of this (XIII-2) UNTIL Academia 400af. I'm there right now and it is wrecking my mind! The mother****ing fights occur every 3 seconds and it is downright unforgivable. What the hell was the development team inhaling back when they put this in the game??? This could have been one of the best levels in the game, but nooo, instead we get this...
---
The best signature in the world.
#20ExtremeLightPosted 3/8/2013 6:08:33 PM
Xenosheart posted...
The thing is that those stupid fights don't offer you anything, no CP, no monsters you can recruit, nothing. This makes no sense.

SE tends to add areas in some FF and KH games where there are just plain non-stop fighting.
But of course you could just avoid most of them.

I think they were trying to really establish the doom and despair theme of Academia 400AF and contrast it to 4XXAF.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.