Gamagog...

#1VegerunksPosted 2/16/2013 12:39:50 PM
Am I the only one that thinks he's Anima just with a different name?

I mean Anima was bandaged up, only had 1 eye visible, had claws on his hands, and was chained up and looks like he's suffering.

Gogmagog has a lot less bandages, but he only has 1 eye visible, looks like he's suffering, has broken chains hanging from the armors, and has Claws.

So maybe Anima is a Gogmagog that was captured and used as a Aeon?
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#2Dante3hscPosted 2/16/2013 6:29:52 PM
Aeons aren't captured...
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D
#3SkrallRampagerPosted 2/16/2013 7:08:52 PM
Lol yeah he's Anima

"From a different dimension."
#4Vegerunks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:57:36 PM
Dante3hsc posted...
Aeons aren't captured...

We honestly don't know that all of them were not captured, they do not give you a back story on how the spirits "form" the aeons that we see. I don't remember too much of the story on FFX but I remember as much as anything describing Aeons isn't put into too much detail just the detail of how the summoners get them.
---
#5espritduoPosted 2/16/2013 9:37:32 PM
Actually, the game goes into great detail about what Aeons are, and it's kinda the whole point of the game. They are the manifested physical forms of people who chose to give up their lives to become fayth statues, made of pyreflies. The Final Aeon being the manifested form of the the Guardian of the Summoner who chooses to give themselves up to Yunalesca to perform the Final Summoning. Anima is no exception. She is the manifested form of Seymour's mother, who was Seymour's Guardian during his pilgrimage and chose to give up her life to become the fayth for his Final Summoning.
---
Like FFVI? Read mah prequel, The Sands of Time! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6209029/1/Final_Fantasy_VI_The_Sands_of_Time
#6Destroyer_MagePosted 2/16/2013 10:21:29 PM
He also has 2 heads .
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man. -Balthier
#7thinkb4uspeakPosted 2/18/2013 4:17:18 PM
so are we bashing SE for recycling/tweaking old models? come on be specific
#8Destroyer_MagePosted 2/18/2013 11:38:25 PM
thinkb4uspeak posted...

No bashing, we just find it cool that Gogmagog has a similar design to Anima (FFX). The only difference is the obvious mechanical style of the XIII series and that the heads are next to each other instead of one being situated like a tale. Perhaps Gogmagog was the original design for Fal'cie Anima or perhaps it would have been the Eidolon version of Anima.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man. -Balthier
#9Vegerunks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:37:08 PM
thinkb4uspeak posted...

Yea what Destroyer said... When I bash on SE is when they reuse NAMES but make them something completely different -.-(FF XII where all the airships were named after past summons so they could give us new summons) I love when games use something sorta like a shout out to their prequels or one of the other games the developers made. Like how all the games that are made by Disgaea Developers have similar art styles and they sometimes bring in one of the characters from one of the other games.(Unlosing Ranger having Etna and Laharl for example)
---