A small question about a Gigantuar build I am making

#1Coco666Posted 2/19/2013 4:37:26 PM
Firstly, I know that Gigantuar is no where near the best synergist, but I want to build a Cactuar paradigm pack.

Here is the 9 passives I have on it:

Gigantuar Lv 68

Auto-Tetradefense
Auto-Haste
HP +30%
Magic +35%
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magic +36%
Auto-Bravery
Auto-Faith
First Strike

I know that Gigantuar is weak against physical and magical attacks, but it is also weak against fire attacks, so an unprotected Gigantuar takes 4x damage from any fire attack.

I am wondering if Resist Fire +53% or Resist Elements +30% would be a better choice for its tenth slot?

I am thinking because Typhon, Omega, Valfodr and PuPu have powerful fire attacks.

Thanks
#2S_o_i_g_g_ePosted 2/20/2013 10:15:13 AM
My advice:

Don't use Gigantuar. Yakshini is just better.

If you still want to have him in your party...

You didn't mention how much HP your Gigantuar has. If his HP is around 10,000 it is very unlikely that he will get one hitted by anything.
If you think only about those bosses, Resist Fire would naturally be better choice. Resist Elements, however, helps you in different kinds of situations as well.
---
Now Playing: Dissidia 012 on PS Vita
#3xnoelzPosted 2/22/2013 5:41:07 AM
S_o_i_g_g_e posted...
My advice:

Don't use Gigantuar. Yakshini is just better.

If you still want to have him in your party...

You didn't mention how much HP your Gigantuar has. If his HP is around 10,000 it is very unlikely that he will get one hitted by anything.
If you think only about those bosses, Resist Fire would naturally be better choice. Resist Elements, however, helps you in different kinds of situations as well.

Coco666 posted...
Firstly, I know that Gigantuar is no where near the best synergist, but I want to build a Cactuar paradigm pack.

---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif