Sigh they ruined 5 of the 6 roles..

#1VanilleHopenPosted 2/20/2013 3:15:07 PM
sigh... ffxiii did a good job of making all the classes balanced and useful... This game unfortunatly did not..

They somehow managed to make every single class except commando less useful than in the original ffxiii and made commando EXTREMLEY OVERPOWERED...

ravagers are less useful in this game because you dont have to build the chain gauge of most enemies..
sabetours are less useful because the debuffs are harder to stick..
Medics are less useful because the enemies dont hit as hard
Sentinels are also less useful because the enemies dont hit as hard
synergists are less useful because noel/serah dont have access to any of the great buffs and most enemies you dont need to waste your time buffing anyways..

commandos became extremley overpowered since enemies have less hp, most dont need to be staggered to kill, and you can now set cross formations to gang up on enemies if need be..

they ruined the battle system!. no pun intended (ruin-commando) hehe.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#2ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/20/2013 5:53:58 PM(edited)
Yeah, we get it. This game is super easy. Go join the other whiners >.>

Also making a role more prominent doesn't mean it's overpowered. It's not like they made it any more powerful than the first game. It's only "more powerful" because, as you said, the enemies are weaker. It performs virtually the same as the first game.
#3VanilleHopen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 7:40:14 PM
ArmaLeyvaten posted...
Yeah, we get it. This game is super easy. Go join the other whiners >.>

Also making a role more prominent doesn't mean it's overpowered. It's not like they made it any more powerful than the first game. It's only "more powerful" because, as you said, the enemies are weaker. It performs virtually the same as the first game.

it became more powerful because it's now far more useful... so yes it is overpowered compared to the other classes.

and it's not whining it's the truth..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#4TheGlowPosted 2/20/2013 8:29:23 PM
I didnt use triple Com in FFXIII as often unless it was vs 1 target, and even then usually after a stagger.
With the cross targetting, so far only 9 hours in, I almost never need to shift out of Cerebus.
#5tiornysPosted 2/20/2013 9:01:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with the system itself. It's the environment around it that's the problem. This can be seen by taking on some of the harder DLC challenges, or by deliberately restricting your level during the storyline.

Saboteurs aren't necessarily worse; they now require a fixed number of attempts, which goes down after stagger (and possibly as the chain increases). You can't get a lucky early hit, but you can strategize with complete certainty.

Synergists are definitely not worse. They're harder to use, but offer higher rewards (Bravery and Faith are now 75% boosts instead of 40% boosts).

t~
#6ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/20/2013 10:46:17 PM
Interesting viewpoint on SABs. I myself preferred hoping to stick Deprotect on the second cast compared to being sure it stuck after the 12th, but that's just me. I thought they did have a higher chance of sticking as the chain gauge increased from my experience, but maybe that's not true...
#7ArthellinusPosted 2/20/2013 10:56:09 PM
Ailments are not at all chance-related in XIII-2. This allows for highly strategic deployment of SABs for people who want to play efficiently or optimally. Higher chain does speed up sticking.
#8ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/20/2013 11:02:32 PM
Oh, no, I knew they weren't chance related in XIII-2. I meant I liked the chance-related system in XIII better compared to XIII-2's "surefire-stick" system. That's just me and I don't disagree with XIII-2's method in any way.
#9xnoelzPosted 2/21/2013 6:43:02 AM
Commando: Build attack chains more easily with enhanced strenght.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#10bigdaddyjugPosted 2/21/2013 3:16:40 PM
Wait, what is cross targeting?
---
How's that workin' out for ya? Bein' clever?
PSN ID: Bigdaddyjug