Is getting Fragments really important?

#1BeraboumanPosted 2/23/2013 8:24:52 AM
Just started the game, got my first Fragment - I figure they are a pretty extensive sidequest. I usually don't bother with sidequests in most RPGs I play (unless they yield story content)
but I've read that getting Fragments gets you a CP reward and some skills and items.

So...is it really important to track them down? Or can I not bother with most of them?
#2LevanaRavenPosted 2/23/2013 8:49:50 AM
yes it is important to get the fragments. you need certain fragments in order to progress with the story and it will allow you to gain extra abilities for mog. im not going to mention what the abilities are because i dont want to ruin the surprise. but make sure you get as many of them as you can in each location you visit, the CP you gain from collecting them can be extremely useful, especially in a tight spot. hope this helps :)
#3VegerunksPosted 2/23/2013 9:00:03 AM
Honestly fragments aren't as important as the previous guy stated.

A FEW fragments are required to progress with the story and most fragment skills aren't even able to be obtained until almost the end of the game.

The main benefit of fragments is the Extra CP you can get, especially when you reach a certain area and have 4 optional boss fights each worth a 30,000 CP fragment, and a work towards your ultimate weapons.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#4xnoelzPosted 2/23/2013 8:25:20 PM
Getting fragments are really important. They help you progress through the story and collecting certain fragments unlocks a certain Fragment skill.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif