Sidequests seem odd, what am I missing?

#1Nazgath91Posted 2/24/2013 9:37:48 AM
I just accepted a sidequest, which involves me opening a jammed drawer for an Academy student.

So, the marker only shows where I have to return to, but no clue where this drawer is. What the hell is up with that? I understand that no maker appears if not even the quest giver knows the exact location, but this seems way off. Am I missing something?
#2TheGlowPosted 2/24/2013 10:38:02 AM
Nope, welcome to old school quest time.
Gotta figure that out yourself.
And not all items for quests are in that time line, for instance you can get the quest in Yaschas 10 AF but the time is in Yaschas 100 AF.
Some goals won't appear until after you have the quest, so you might have passed it already, but now it's activated so you have to go all the way back. A lot of circular back tracking if you're not using a Faq.
#3MajinKain0Posted 2/24/2013 10:45:15 AM
You need to use Moogle Hunt in the tent with the computer terminals in the southern part of the map.
#4EdalborezPosted 2/24/2013 11:02:54 AM
The datalog entry for the quest is usually a hint at what to do if the object is in another time or a certain location. If I recall it usually has a screenshot of where you need to go. Just have to figure out where that is.
#5Nazgath91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 1:04:51 PM
Edalborez posted...
The datalog entry for the quest is usually a hint at what to do if the object is in another time or a certain location. If I recall it usually has a screenshot of where you need to go. Just have to figure out where that is.

Yep, I realized this shortly after posting this topic xD.
After figured how the quests work, it all makes sense. It isn't bad if a game makes you think for yourself. Too few games do that these days.