So we all agree that Serah is better than Lightning, right?

#1DoramiPosted 2/25/2013 7:00:36 PM
And Terra and Yuna are better than both?
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#2thinkb4uspeakPosted 2/25/2013 9:42:56 PM
tifa>aerith>celes>terra>adult rydia> then all the rest.
#3TheGlowPosted 2/26/2013 8:07:51 AM
Although I wasn't that into Lightning, Serah is a ditzy moron so far.
And the lack of her default FFXIII outfit is a big let down for me.
The fact that you have to pick comedic answers to get items is one of the few times my OCD for some stuff is being beaten by just playing the game normal.
#4JoolsyPosted 2/26/2013 8:50:33 AM
TheGlow posted...
Although I wasn't that into Lightning, Serah is a ditzy moron so far.

This and @OP No!
---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~
#5Elice_CarolPosted 2/26/2013 11:48:02 AM
No, the game portrays her as a Mary Sue that everyone loves and wants to protect, all the while having no flaws or a semblance of a personality. Being gentle and nice only gets you so far, and that's why I prefer the flawed Lightning.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#6wwwgippal2Posted 2/26/2013 12:00:39 PM
Eh, I don't mind her Mary Sue-ness. She IS a 21 year old woman after all. It kinda makes sense that she'd be as level headed as she is.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#7Elice_CarolPosted 2/26/2013 1:22:16 PM
Eh, I don't mind her Mary Sue-ness. She IS a 21 year old woman after all. It kinda makes sense that she'd be as level headed as she is.

I wasn't the second coming of Mother Theresa when I was 21, and isn't Lightning still physically 21?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#8TyphlaxPosted 2/26/2013 3:04:59 PM
No, Serah comes off as a ditzy idiot that everybody loves, has the personality depth of a pancake and literally screams help for her sister and random people in moments of distress showing the mental fortitude of an 8 year old.

Lightning was better, and I didn't like her very much either.
---
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank
#9blackerfire_Posted 2/26/2013 4:36:54 PM
So what exactly is wrong with Lightning?
#10TeslaCoi1Posted 2/26/2013 5:36:44 PM
Tsk, I don't get a single one of you guys. I think BOTH Sera and Lightning are just fine the way they are. ┐( ̄_ ̄)┌ I remember with XIII everyone was complaining about Hope and Vanille, because Hope was a whining emo and whimp, and Vanille was too happy-go-lucky and cheerful for some people, which turned out to be just an act to hide her feelings because of her guilt. But as we remember, Hope eventually turned into a confident and brave powerhouse (and smart to booth), and Vanille learned to be more open about her feelings rather than burying them. Fang learned to stop trying to do everything herself, and rely on others for a bit of help for a change. Lightning warmed up to her companiens, and stopped being so cold and seeing them only as a bother. You all know what that's called right? It's called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, and character development is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. With perfect characters, there is no room for character development, now is there? I liked all 6 characters in XIII, and like both Serah and Noel in this one as well. You're honestly criticising Serah for being a kind person, a trait which is universally considered a good thing for all real-life humans? And yeah, she's not that brave, who can blame her, there's nothing wrong with that, she's not a soldier lol, and she improves in this area over time (again, character development). This flawed side of her helps to boost the need for Noel to be there to support her anyway, so it works well with the setup of the story. You all need to lighten up. Virtually all characters have at least one flaw of some kind, and I consider that good thing. It makes them seem human and believable. How many perfect human beings excist in the real world after all? None.