Third Monster

#11dudeitscoolPosted 3/1/2013 2:48:24 PM
TeslaCoi1 posted...
'kay. Thanks all. I guess I'll see what happens once I get further into the game, and encounter more powerful enemies. I'm curious about trying to use my Green Chocobo as well. I'm only halfway through all the stages in the game, but I spent a long time farming for materials for my monsters in the Archylte Steppe (and Augusta Tower 300AF in the case of my Cloudburst), and maxed out both my Chichu and my Sazh (and my Green Chocobo), as well as Serah and Noel, and so I'm rather overpowered. Most normal fights are piss easy and end in seconds. Chichu slaughters everything (was fun watching him use Vigilance Feeder, Bravery Feeder, and Faith Feeder all at the same time to butcher a Red Chocobo's 100000+HP in a few seconds lol). :P I tried to tackle any enemy I've encountered because of that of course, so those huge Cieth guys in the Archylte Steppe during stormy weather provided some challenge at least. Only exception is that Long Gui...No way I'm trying to attack that guy yet, I don't know if they are still just as powerful, but I'm still afraid of them after XIII. :P

Well let me address your Long Gui comment. I struggled with them a bit in XIII as well. But in this game I destroy them. Kill them in one stagger with ease. As a matter of fact I beat the Long Gui (only fought one so far) in about 1 minute and 30-50 seconds.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#12TeslaCoi1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:38:08 PM
Huh, so they are a lot weaker in this game? In XIII they were the strongest enemies in the game. :-/ I still doubt I'm ready to face him yet though, I think I'm gonna wait until I've fully upgraded my Goblin Chieftain and Cloudburst first at least. Or are they really that much weaker now? I think I remember that in XIII if you somehow were too slow and didn't change to the Tortoise paradigm before those guys launched their ultimate attack, you could almost have your whole team whiped out in just that one attack even if everyone's Crystarium was fully developed. :-/
#13VanilleHopenPosted 3/1/2013 9:09:20 PM
TeslaCoi1 posted...
Huh, so they are a lot weaker in this game? In XIII they were the strongest enemies in the game. :-/ I still doubt I'm ready to face him yet though, I think I'm gonna wait until I've fully upgraded my Goblin Chieftain and Cloudburst first at least. Or are they really that much weaker now? I think I remember that in XIII if you somehow were too slow and didn't change to the Tortoise paradigm before those guys launched their ultimate attack, you could almost have your whole team whiped out in just that one attack even if everyone's Crystarium was fully developed. :-/

they are A LOT easier in this game.. a long gui in this game is still like twice as easy as an adamantoise in ff xiii..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#14TeslaCoi1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:13:19 AM
THAT much weaker!? :O Wow. Guess I'll go and try kicking his arse right now then.