I know I'm late but just saw the ending to this game...o_O (spoilers)

#1uncgiamPosted 3/6/2013 12:35:29 PM
It was perfect IMHO. I thought everything was saved, everything was finally ok until Serah just dropped dead..w...t...f..most trippy feeling a game has given me in the longest (if at all) and then the arrival of chaos from Valhalla. wow, it leaves you wanting more.

how many people here were fooled by this ending?
---
Not changing this sig until Stat and Melo hold the NBA Title high in the sky
#2VanilleHopenPosted 3/6/2013 12:55:42 PM
I wanted a happy ending... I'll be honest, I did.... I don't even care like I did.. Vanille and Fang were rescued, everything was going to be perfect.. Sigh..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3uncgiam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:17:30 PM
I wanted a happy one too but you gotta admit, in the shock department, this game's ending was spot on. How an ending is supposed to be
---
#4LewdDolphin21Posted 3/6/2013 2:00:04 PM
I feel the ending would've been better if it didn't end with "To be continued".
---
Who cares if you disagree? You are not me; who made you king of anything?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Saperogo
#5uncgiam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 7:39:13 PM
^^ why's that
---
#6LewdDolphin21Posted 3/10/2013 7:55:21 PM
I feel a bad ending (as opposed to a happy ending) isn't bad, if you know what I mean. If every movie/game/book ended with the hero reuniting with the heroine, the bad guy being dethroned, all being good with the world, etc., then what would be the point of watching/playing/reading?

XIII-2 obviously has a bad ending with Etro's death and chaos emerging and etc. If it had stopped there, you'd think, "oh wow, damn, that sucks for those characters". But by throwing in "To Be Continued" the mood changes to "Wtf SE? This game's not finished? Worst ending ever." It weakens the impact of the ending.

This is just my opinion, of course.
---
Who cares if you disagree? You are not me; who made you king of anything?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Saperogo
#7VegerunksPosted 3/10/2013 8:29:54 PM
How is anyone surprised by Serah's Death? By the time you finish the Undying world you KNOW she will die because of the visions.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#8WindMouseHanpanPosted 3/11/2013 7:04:08 AM(edited)
Vegerunks posted...
How is anyone surprised by Serah's Death? By the time you finish the Undying world you KNOW she will die because of the visions.

Yeah I was just about to say that, the game makes it pretty obvious she will die by the end...
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#9uncgiam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 8:43:40 AM
tbh, I got this game but I haven't played through it all yet..just got impatient and wanted to see the ending so i didnt know lol
---
#10JohnwaltPosted 3/13/2013 5:27:04 PM
I loved the ending. It was perfect. I was especially shocked about the Goddess dying. Then I remembered Yeul's many warnings on the way there... "You must not go this way, the Goddess can not be killed"

Serah dropping dad was dramatic, I was thinking she would live after the vision then.... D:!?!

Can't wait for LR. Anyone think Lumia is Serah reincarnated? o.o
---
May the odds be ever in your favor