Can someone simplify the Crystarium Growth FAQ to me?

#1MimebladePosted 3/7/2013 6:50:49 PM
All I care about really is optimizing stats. I don't really have the Piggyback guide to go with.

The guide just looks like a big list of numbers to me, and makes my head spin.

Just an essential summary of what routes to take when choosing stats would be fine.

Ideally something that maximizes Serah's stats before she solos in a fight with Caius in one of the Alternate Routes.

Also stats that would help dealing with Arena enemies like Jihl or something.
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#2destrian522Posted 3/7/2013 7:18:12 PM
Just read the part about the large node bonuses. That's all you need to know. Only level a role that will give you the bonus you want on your large nodes (there are more large nodes than Strength bonuses, though, so you'll want to grab Magic bonuses for the remaining large nodes once you finish getting the Strength bonuses).
---
CWLSIV
#3johnrayjrPosted 3/7/2013 10:42:03 PM
I'm new to this to. Basically, the large nodes give stat bonuses, and the guide is setup so that Noel always increases his Com role on large nodes and Serah always increases her Rav role on large nodes - right? That's pretty much the only reason for the specific order of the level-ups.

At first I was wondering if there was any substantive reason for the guide doing so much alternating (Rav-Com-Rav-Com) but its because of the large nodes. Correct?
#4johnrayjrPosted 3/8/2013 12:36:28 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. Since I had only just finished Bresha (5AF) I restarted the game and got back to where I was in about an hour skipping all the cutscenes. Much happier with the stat bonuses.
#5TheGlowPosted 3/8/2013 10:15:15 AM
johnrayjr posted...

At first I was wondering if there was any substantive reason for the guide doing so much alternating (Rav-Com-Rav-Com) but its because of the large nodes. Correct?

That was exactly how I thought initially. But what do you do when Rav and Com are both 99, and you have Sentinel, Medic, Saboteur and Synergist at lvl 1?
From what I can tell as long as you keep to the Rav for +Mag, Even Sab +Mag, Odd Sab +mag. Com for Str and Odd Sab for Str, then the use the rest for crap.
#6ArmaLeyvatenPosted 3/8/2013 11:43:52 AM
I personally wouldn't even level up RAV to 99 after I got all the abilities from it for the magic boosts. After the abilities I would level up SAB and SYN for their abilities and magic boosts (SAB taking priority since SYN role for Serah and Noel are total crap compared to monster SYNs) so that later on I can have the control I need to make absolutely sure I get all the magic bonuses from the large nodes I can. Same with COM and strength bonuses and then getting magic bonuses for the rest after all the strength was done.

That's just how I do it, anyways. Not like there's only one set path to maximizing stats. If there was we'd all be taking it :P
#7Mimeblade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 5:19:55 PM
So let me see if I got this straight:

For Noel
---Use COM for every large node available in its set. [Base Str Bonus]
---Use every EVEN large node (for SAB) [Str Bonus]
---Use every ODD large node (for SYN) [HP Bonus]
---Use MED/SEN/RAV in rotation for smaller nodes (unless I want more HP or Mag Bonus)

For Serah
---Use RAV for every large node available in its set. [Base Mag Bonus]
---Use every ODD large node (for SAB) [Mag Bonus]
---Use every ODD large node (for SYN) [Mag Bonus]
---Use MED/SEN/COM in rotation for smaller nodes (unless I want more HP or Str Bonus)
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#8S_o_i_g_g_ePosted 3/10/2013 1:22:42 AM
I wonder why it is not recommended to get Synergist's Magic bonus to Noel as well? Sometimes he just has to use magical attacks, and medic & sentinel give more than enough HP bonuses.
---
**Now Playing: FINAL FANTASY VI on PS Vita**
#9ArmaLeyvatenPosted 3/10/2013 3:21:04 AM
It IS suggested to get the magic bonuses from SYN as well (if applicable). Just not before any STR bonuses from COM or SAB.
#10destrian522Posted 3/10/2013 10:27:22 AM
^I don't quite agree. You should definitely get magic bonuses from SYN, but don't wait until after maxing COM and SAB. Get all abilities you can before you worry about leveling roles that no longer offer new abilities (but don't let this stop you from obtaining the maximum number of strength bonuses).
---
CWLSIV