This game is bullcrap

#1dudeitscoolPosted 3/8/2013 9:32:07 AM
I beat Yomi under the target time and still only got 3 stars. You obviously can't get the 2000 pt bonus for getting the initiative so what the heck man.

I will NEVER get a trapehedron or whatever the component is called at this rate.

Looks like I will be doing the Twilight Odin method of getting the Giant's Fist acheivement since the game is so ridiculously designed that you need the ATB+1 weapon to get it with Meteor Javelin.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#2MightyGebPosted 3/8/2013 9:39:30 AM
...From what I can tell, you need to approach the game differently.

Due to the lack of information you have provided, I cannot tell you what you how to do that. Sometimes it might not be the game that is at fault.
---
GT: geblobledee
http://www.youtube.com/user/MightyGeb
#3tiornysPosted 3/8/2013 9:46:18 AM
I typed "Yomi 5-star" into the YouTube search box and came up with nearly a full page of demo fights before the search results start degenerating.

Although I suggest searching "Yomi Cactuar" instead: http://youtu.be/im_VAlGTcDo
#4dudeitscool(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:02:36 AM
tiornys posted...
I typed "Yomi 5-star" into the YouTube search box and came up with nearly a full page of demo fights before the search results start degenerating.

Although I suggest searching "Yomi Cactuar" instead: http://youtu.be/im_VAlGTcDo

Thank you kindly, but my issue is what factors into the rating if not time to complete?
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#5johnrayjrPosted 3/8/2013 10:04:17 AM
To get a five star rating you have to be considerably under the target time, if I understand the mechanics correctly.
#6ArthellinusPosted 3/8/2013 1:57:48 PM(edited)
If you read the original post, TC is more concerned with hitting the damage cap.

You DO NOT need the ATB +1 weapon or even Meteor Javelin to get Giant's Fist. Get a Circuitron, fight Long Gui, drop it, stagger it, use Friendly Fire, and even a crappily built Serah can get this achievement with Ruinga.

Edit: I'm not trying to dump on you, TC, but this statement:

Looks like I will be doing the Twilight Odin method of getting the Giant's Fist acheivement since the game is so ridiculously designed that you need the ATB+1 weapon to get it with Meteor Javelin.

and my refutation of it suggests that you may want to reevaluate your understanding of the game before you make strong statements about how "ridiculously designed" this "bullcrap" game is.
#7TeslaCoi1Posted 3/8/2013 2:47:05 PM
I got the "Giant's Fist" trophy from killing the Long Gui as well, when I wasn't particularly trying to get it or anything (just wanted to kill the Long Gui). My Noel and Serah were almost maxed out at the time though, and I not only used buffs from Cloudburst, but from Goblin Chieftain as well. Can't remember if I finished with Meteor Javelin or not though. Anyway, just debuff the legs, stagger them, and kill them, and then use the buffs from Cloudburst and Goblin Chieftain, debuff the Long Gui, stagger it up to 999%, and then kill it.
#8TyphlaxPosted 3/8/2013 8:56:53 PM
I got the Giant's Fist achievement without even going for it when I killed Long Gui as well.
---
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank
#9VegerunksPosted 3/9/2013 9:05:38 AM
dudeitscool posted...
tiornys posted...

Thank you kindly, but my issue is what factors into the rating if not time to complete?

It's about how you perform in battle as well. The more damage you take outside of sentinel the more it hurts you score as well because it gives the enemy more score. Using Buffs and Debuffs help the score too. Speed just is the primary deciding factor, other things can ruin it for you. I got 4 stars my first fight because even though i did it in 4 minutes One of my characters died twice.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#10achilleszeroPosted 3/9/2013 10:15:17 AM
dudeitscool posted...
I beat Yomi under the target time and still only got 3 stars. You obviously can't get the 2000 pt bonus for getting the initiative so what the heck man.

I will NEVER get a trapehedron or whatever the component is called at this rate.

Kids these days, always wanting something for nothing. You're taking 30-120 seconds longer in the fight than what you need to get 5 stars.

Vegerunks posted...
dudeitscool posted...
tiornys posted...

It's about how you perform in battle as well. The more damage you take outside of sentinel the more it hurts you score as well because it gives the enemy more score. Using Buffs and Debuffs help the score too. Speed just is the primary deciding factor, other things can ruin it for you. I got 4 stars my first fight because even though i did it in 4 minutes One of my characters died twice.

Where are you getting this from? Only time and enemy level factor in to the scoring system. I have no idea how you killed Yomi in 4 minutes and only got 4 stars. That shouldnt be possible.