How to play dress up?

#1DoramiPosted 3/8/2013 8:00:39 PM
Couldn't help but suspect that the default costumes (and the free one) are deliberately hideous to induce DLC sales. Then I remembered how characters like Tidus, Vaan, Ashe, Wakka, etc, looked. I guess that's just the style. >.>

So, choices:
1. White Mage+Black Mage: Looks nicer, but BM doesn't seem to suit Noel. Serah isn't really a WM, but at least she has the stereotypical personality of one.

2. N7 armor: Not a Mass Effect fan, but it does look pretty nice.

3. Others?

No, I don't really care if it's a price ripoff.
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#2xnoelzPosted 3/8/2013 9:06:53 PM
I personally like White Mage + Black Mage. I reckon they are the best.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#3Dorami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:55:57 AM(edited)
I'd have to agree, look wise. However, it's weird to have Noel in a BM outfit, when BMs are notorious for having no physical abilities and high magic, while Noel is the other way around.

Wait... do you need to be signed into PSN to use the DLC outfits (after the initial purchase, of course)? I tried to load the free one without signing in and was unable to do so.
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#4Drake_GodPosted 3/9/2013 11:04:03 AM
Silly question, but did you remember to download and install the costume after buying it?
#5Dorami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 11:10:25 AM
This is what I did:

1. Downloaded and installed the DLC (Style and Steel) from the in game DLC menu.
2. Loaded a game and switched to the DLC costume.
3. Switched back to the default costume.
4. Saved and exited the game and turned off the PS3.
5. Turned on the PS3 without connecting to PSN.
6. Started the game again and loaded the latest save.
7. Outfit option is greyed out.

I could, of course, simply sign into PSN automatically or sign into PSN manually every time, but I would still like to know whether I need to do so to use the DLC costumes.
---
#6Dorami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:24:38 PM(edited)
Sorry for the double post.

I just booted up the game without signing into PSN, and the outfit is now available. I have no idea what the problem was, but it seems that logging into PSN wasn't necessary.

Now for the matching BM/WM outfits. :)
---
#7TeslaCoi1Posted 3/9/2013 1:30:41 PM
Personally, I actually think the standard outfits are the best looking, for both Noel and Serah. I have the White Mage and Black Mage outfits, the Style and Steel ones, and Serah's bikini, but I never really ended up using any of them, since I prefer the default ones. To each his own.
#8Dorami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 4:51:31 PM
Noel's default is pretty good, but not on him. I associate that look with younger males--he looks like an oversized Sora in that.

Magically changing Serah out of her FF13 costume was pretty trollish. >.> I wish that had been a DLC costume as well, with the sword changed to a naginata. Then have Noel in a white shirt, black pants with suspenders, and a yellow scarf.
---
#9MimebladePosted 3/9/2013 8:40:22 PM
New Bhodum/Archylte Steppe: Default
Time-Travel/Bresha Ice Ruinss: N7 Armor (Brrrr....)
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#10BreyantPosted 3/10/2013 5:15:32 AM
I actually like both of the default costumes :)

Serah looks great as white mage, Noel just looks like he's wearing lopsided pajamas as black mage.

I bought the AC costume too, not sure why, I've had it on Noel maybe 30 minutes total.