Thinking of playing this game again...

#1DeathScythe_527Posted 3/12/2013 3:00:43 PM
Finished it once a couple of weeks after it came out. I heard this has alternate endings or something? Just trying to get ideas of what to do so the game feels fresh.
---
i5-3450 | HD 6870 | 4GB DDR3 | H61MGC | 1TB HDD | PSN: DANomite93
I highly recommend Katawa Shoujo, hits you right in the feels.
#2Orasion_SeizPosted 3/12/2013 3:23:11 PM
Collect all 160 fragments and see all paradox endings to get the secret ending. Basically you just beat the final boss again to see it.
---
The strong shall live, the weak shall perish. Survival of the fittest. - Shishio Makoto
#3destrian522Posted 3/12/2013 3:29:31 PM(edited)
There aren't really alternate endings in the sense you are thinking. You could try restricting your Crystarium development a lot or a little.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#4DeathScythe_527(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 3:35:12 PM
What are the paradox endings? I might go for those.
---
i5-3450 | HD 6870 | 4GB DDR3 | H61MGC | 1TB HDD | PSN: DANomite93
I highly recommend Katawa Shoujo, hits you right in the feels.
#5Orasion_SeizPosted 3/12/2013 3:57:25 PM
Paradox endings are scenes which you can see by making certain choices at different timelines. In some cases you will need the paradox scope which you get from mystic at Serendipity after beating the game. There is also a trophy for it if you can find all of them.
---
The strong shall live, the weak shall perish. Survival of the fittest. - Shishio Makoto
#6TCrinaleTPosted 3/14/2013 8:39:33 AM
I too thought of replaying it again, I can't say it's a game I did not enjoy, but there is something that pisses me about this game dearly, and it is the fact that the strongest and most efficient monster to have is a fat ugly giant onion that you are given almost for free. And then, you have monsters like Odin or Typoon that are totally badass and are useless.
Whose idea was this? Because I'm not sure if I'm the only one feeling this way, but this is a BIG element of discouragement when playing this game.
---
"You stand before the final dimension, and I'm the darkness of eternity"
#7Moomba33Posted 3/14/2013 8:42:11 AM
I like Chichu. He's really cute, IMO.
Though it would have been nice if the cooler monsters were stronger too.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#8TeslaCoi1Posted 3/14/2013 11:49:17 AM
I think Chichu is cute as well. ;-) That said, I do wish that Odin was more useful, since he looks so badass.
#9johnrayjrPosted 3/14/2013 12:36:35 PM
May be worth noting that several of the Paradox endings are joke endings. They're entertaining, but could be a let-down if you were expecting more serious alternate endings.

I'm not sure it's worth putting in 20 hours to re-do the main game just to do the post-game. You could go out of your way to tame different monsters, but trying to get specific monsters early, rather than just making do with a handful of obvious picks until building units becomes easier (postgame), just sounds tedious to me.