Is this true about Final Fantasy XIII-2?

#1Zora_PrincePosted 3/24/2013 1:48:36 PM
I started the game a while ago. I was really impressed by Lake Breska. Finally, an area that is non-linear, that you can explore, and an area that you could get lost in! I thought "They finally learned their lesson!"

Then, I was told this:

"That's about one of two areas you'll actually ever get lost in. Although the game allows you to go back to old areas, they're still very small. The game is still very small."

Is this true? We're not going to experience even decently sized places to explore? It's still many hallways which this time, you can just go back to?
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#2NemyarPosted 3/24/2013 1:52:43 PM
There's definitely more than 2 areas you could get lost in.
#3LewdDolphin21Posted 3/24/2013 2:03:01 PM
The maps in XIII-2 are smaller than they were in XIII, but give you much more freedom to explore.
---
Who cares if you disagree? You are not me; who made you king of anything?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Saperogo
#4WindMouseHanpanPosted 3/25/2013 8:10:01 AM
The maps themselves are pretty small but there are a few you could wind up lost in if you don't pay attention to the map.

Also, while the game's areas are somewhat small and the main story of the game is still pretty linear, there is a huge, HUGE amount of optional timelines, areas and sidequests for you to unlock and explore as you progress throughout the game, most of which reward you with crystal fragments and some small amounts of CP. it's recommended you delve into these and do a lot of them to strengthen yourself in preparation for the later parts of the main story (the last boss in particular)
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#5DXMGPosted 3/28/2013 9:55:31 AM
I thought a couple places in this game were big-ish.

Then I played Star Ocean 4.

O_O
---
Medic!
#6TeslaCoi1Posted 3/28/2013 11:46:36 AM
You should see the locations in Xenoblade Chronicles...Makes the Archylte Steppe seem tiny by comparison...
#7Valkerion757Posted 3/29/2013 8:35:12 PM
Theres a bunch of random dead ends and paths that lead nowhere like all the whiners wanted. So yeah, I guess its more open now...
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)