Can anyone give me a Good idea of good Tameable monsters?

#1smexyweskyPosted 3/28/2013 4:49:54 PM(edited)
I was wondering what type of monsters are good for me (Im at chapter 3) I know what my End game monsters will be so thats not a problem. I just need a Idea on good monsters until then. I know a good medic is that Flan Monster a few zones ahead of me. but what about Com And Rav etc?
---
Black 1 FC: 0734-1243-9119
Black 2 FC: 4900-5788-8021
#2Orasion_SeizPosted 3/28/2013 5:32:43 PM
If you can go to the Archlyte Steppes already you can get Chichu which is one of the best COM in the game. As for RAV there alot of them you can get at that point of the game but my suggestion in your current status is a Blue chocobo in the Archlyte Steppe as well (sunny weather).
---
The strong shall live, the weak shall perish. Survival of the fittest. - Shishio Makoto
#3smexywesky(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 5:41:35 PM
Orasion_Seiz posted...
If you can go to the Archlyte Steppes already you can get Chichu which is one of the best COM in the game. As for RAV there alot of them you can get at that point of the game but my suggestion in your current status is a Blue chocobo in the Archlyte Steppe as well (sunny weather).

Chichu was gunna be my endgame Com cloudburst Rav and Green chocobo my Med
---
#4lercaraPosted 3/28/2013 9:59:16 PM
go to the monster faq where it lists the monster builds. easy to follow and has the builds mostly worked out for u. also all dlc monsters are useful, some less than others, but overall they are more interesting than using the random trash monsters in the main game.
---
Momento mori
#5S_o_i_g_g_ePosted 3/29/2013 3:34:40 AM
smexywesky posted...
I was wondering what type of monsters are good for me (Im at chapter 3) I know what my End game monsters will be so thats not a problem. I just need a Idea on good monsters until then. I know a good medic is that Flan Monster a few zones ahead of me. but what about Com And Rav etc?

Buccaboo Ace is a decent Ravager, and a Munchkin is a pretty good Commando. Munchkin is an early peaker so you get a monster that is cheap to build and hits harder than most of the monsters at that point.
---
-- Your Guide to Final Fantasy --
http://www.youtube.com/user/soigge
#6smexywesky(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 5:21:44 AM
S_o_i_g_g_e posted...
smexywesky posted...

Buccaboo Ace is a decent Ravager, and a Munchkin is a pretty good Commando. Munchkin is an early peaker so you get a monster that is cheap to build and hits harder than most of the monsters at that point.

Thank you very much
---
#7destrian522Posted 3/29/2013 2:11:52 PM
I second Munchkin. Cloudburst is really good right now. You don't have to wait until endgame to use it. Goblin Chieftain is great. You need a Syn monster. You're best bet might be Gahongas. Purple Chocobo is available, and I think it is a decent option even though it is hard to level just because it is so durable.

I would avoid using a Medic monster. Flanitor may be a good Med, but that doesn't make it worth using.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#8JkickitPosted 3/29/2013 7:09:41 PM(edited)
Older post of mine -

"One thing I'm gonna get out of the way is it doesn't REALLY matter what you use for early/mid story as long as it's an early peaker or well-grown monster and you level them enough. These monsters will make things a little easier on you though:

Pulse Knight (SEN), Munchkin (COM), and Buccaboo (RAV), they're all "early peakers"
(easy to get to max level and are great monsters to use for the story). Get these three ASAP.

Flanitor (MED), Goblin Chieftain (SEN), Cactuar (COM), and Cloudburst (RAV) are "well-grown" and are easier to level than "late bloomers", but a bit harder than early peakers. *Once you get GC, level him up till his health is higher than Pulse Knight, and replace PK.* Another good RAV for the story is Albino Lobo (he's great early, but falls behind for awhile until you're able to buy higher tier Mana materials).
Major Moblin (SEN) is also a good SEN, but you get him at the same time Goblin is available, and Goblin is better.

A lot of the best monsters are better left for post-game (and easier because they're late bloomers and too costly to level during the story).

Some monsters to level for post-game: Chichu (COM) and Pulse Gladiator (SEN) are late bloomers and Chichu is probably the best COM in the game, along with COM Lightning, but who is is DLC. (I prefer Cactuar as my COM though).

Cactuar, Goblin Chieftain, and Cloudburst are all good for main-game, along with post-game. DLC characters: Lighting (RAV), Lighting (COM), Snow (SEN), and Sazh (SYN) are also great too."
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#9Milla_MaxwellPosted 4/4/2013 11:12:46 PM
destrian522 posted...
I second Munchkin. Cloudburst is really good right now. You don't have to wait until endgame to use it. Goblin Chieftain is great. You need a Syn monster. You're best bet might be Gahongas. Purple Chocobo is available, and I think it is a decent option even though it is hard to level just because it is so durable.

I would avoid using a Medic monster. Flanitor may be a good Med, but that doesn't make it worth using.

This

Medic Monsters aren't really worth it, there's nothing they can do that Serah and Noel can't.

The only two that are possibly worth it are Flanator (his Feral Link can save your ass on occasion) and Pupu (his Feral Link really helps for item farming.)

a Synergist for a monster is a much better choice since Serah and Noel can't learn any of the offensive buffs, (Haste most notably.)
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#10destrian522Posted 4/5/2013 1:16:31 PM
Unfortunately, Synergist monsters don't learn Haste either.

Still, Bravery, Faith, and Enspells are really good.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/