Crystarium Guide Help?

#1thenaganPosted 3/29/2013 2:35:17 PM
Okay, i read the guide on here for optimum growth in the Crystarium. But I am still REALLY confused. Like can anyone explain how I level the right way? The wording in it is a little confusing.
---
My finger being dyed in the scarlet color of scattered petals
I am now the symbol of compensation- METHOD_IMPLANTA
#2destrian522Posted 3/29/2013 3:08:39 PM
It is important to understand the large nodes and their bonuses. Everything else is unnecessary. You don't need to follow the exact progression in the guide. Look over the large node bonuses in the Crystarium Progression Guide again. First of all, keep in mind that your primary goal is not to max roles, but to learn abilities. Ideally, you will learn every ability for every role before their levels get close to max. This is helpful because it makes it easier to organize how you use your large nodes. Basically, choose a stat for each character that you want to focus on. A good choice is strength for Noel and magic for Serah, and that's what I would go with for a regular first playthrough.

Since Noel is going for strength, you want to only ever level roles on large nodes that provide strength bonuses. Now, it turns out that this can't happen, since there are more large nodes than there are role levels that provide strength bonuses. For the large nodes that you can't level for strength, go for magic instead.

Leveling Com/Sab:
Now, Commando always provides a strength bonus when leveled on a large node. That means you want to only ever level Commando on large nodes. Never level Commando on a small node. Saboteur also provides strength bonus, but only when increasing your Sab level from an odd number to an even number. Here's how you can handle this: every time you get to a small node, and you see that your Sab level is currently even, level it on that small node. This way, when you get to the next large node, you have the option of leveling Sab again (because the level will now be odd). You don't have use the next large node for Sab, but at least you will have the option.

Leveling Med/Sen/Rav:
Med and Sen only provide HP bonuses, so never level them on a large node. Ravager only provides a magic bonus, so you can use some large nodes for them. However, for the sake of having an organized plan, don't level Ravager on large nodes unless you have already gotten every single strength bonus possible. I recommend maxing Com, Sab, and Syn before leveling Ravager after learning the last ability if possible.

Leveling Syn:
Syn is tricky. I recommend that you obtain all Syn magic bonuses up until you learn the last Syn ability. This will count towards the magic bonuses that Noel is forced to take. This means that you only ever level Syn on a large node if its current level is even. If its current level is odd, level it on the next available small node just to get it back to even. That way you have the option of leveling it again on the next large node if desired.

Since Serah is going for magic, you want to only ever level roles on large nodes that provide magic bonuses. This is almost possible, but there will be 2 large nodes left over after obtaining all possible magic bonuses. Use these for strength.

Leveling Rav/Syn/Sab:
Rav, Syn, and Sab will provide your magic bonuses. Ravager will only ever provide you a magic bonus, so only level Ravager on large nodes. Syn and Sab will only provide a magic bonus when leveled from an even number to an odd number. Whenever the current level of either of these nodes is odd, use the next available small node to level it back up to an even number. This gives you the option of leveling it on the next large node if desired.

Leveling Com/Sen/Med:
Med and Sen only provide HP bonuses, so never level them on a large node. Commando will only provide strength bonuses, so you don't want to use Commando on large nodes, either. However, remember that Serah has 2 strength bonuses that she is forced to take. For the sake of having an established plan, let these be Commando levels. That means you cannot level Commando past level 97 until you are about to max your Crystarium.

Hopefully that helps. If not, you can find yet another explanation on this site:
http://etrosgate.com/ffxiii-2/mechanics/crystarium
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#3thenagan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 4:13:05 PM
I think I now understand. Thank you!
---
My finger being dyed in the scarlet color of scattered petals
I am now the symbol of compensation- METHOD_IMPLANTA