Monster Growth Trait ?

#18bitPunkPosted 4/2/2013 4:57:02 PM
Are the monster growth traits fixed? For instance I got Cait Sith as a "Late Bloomer" (which I was happy for because my understanding is that it will be able to gain the most levels, and therefore, more powerful eventually), but does every monster always have the same "Growth Trait"?

Or is it random?
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#2achilleszeroPosted 4/2/2013 5:17:58 PM
Yes, the growth traits are fixed. Every Cait Sith you capture will always be a Late Bloomer.

8bitPunk posted...
(which I was happy for because my understanding is that it will be able to gain the most levels, and therefore, more powerful eventually)

Prepare to be disappointed (in Cait Sith). Animation speed and moveset are just as important as raw stats. Also, each monster has unique stat growth. All Late Bloomers are not created equal.
---
http://etrosgate.com/ ~~~ The Gameplay Nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
#3OrnerySpoonPosted 4/2/2013 5:19:15 PM(edited)
EDIT: Ninja'd.
---
You can wax my huge spoon.
#48bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 7:38:06 PM
achilleszero posted...
Yes, the growth traits are fixed. Every Cait Sith you capture will always be a Late Bloomer.

Thanks! You literally saved me tons of time, because I kept kicking out monsters that didn't have the "late bloomer" .. and thats... well... all of them except Cait Sith for where I'm at in the game.

Prepare to be disappointed (in Cait Sith). Animation speed and moveset are just as important as raw stats. Also, each monster has unique stat growth. All Late Bloomers are not created equal.

Ok, thanks. I wasn't assuming that I would keep Cait Sith for the whole game, only that he had potential to have high stats compared to the other pets I got in the same area. I'm sure there will be tons of other Medic style monsters that will own.

Are there any monsters I should be on the lookout for?

I've already gotten a pulsework knight, and am trying to boost him by consuming other monsters with defensive passives.
---
#5JkickitPosted 4/2/2013 9:08:08 PM
Older post of mine -

"One thing I'm gonna get out of the way is it doesn't REALLY matter what you use for early/mid story as long as it's an early peaker or well-grown monster and you level them enough. These monsters will make things a little easier on you though:

Pulse Knight (SEN), Munchkin (COM), and Buccaboo (RAV), they're all "early peakers"
(easy to get to max level and are great monsters to use for the story). Get these three ASAP.

Flanitor (MED), Goblin Chieftain (SEN), Cactuar (COM), and Cloudburst (RAV) are "well-grown" and are easier to level than "late bloomers", but a bit harder than early peakers. *Once you get GC, level him up till his health is higher than Pulse Knight, and replace PK.* Another good RAV for the story is Albino Lobo (he's great early, but falls behind for awhile until you're able to buy higher tier Mana materials).
Major Moblin (SEN) is also a good SEN, but you get him at the same time Goblin is available, and Goblin is better.

A lot of the best monsters are better left for post-game (and easier because they're late bloomers and too costly to level during the story).

Some monsters to level for post-game: Chichu (COM) and Pulse Gladiator (SEN) are late bloomers and Chichu is probably the best COM in the game, along with COM Lightning, but who is is DLC. (I prefer Cactuar as my COM though).

Cactuar, Goblin Chieftain, and Cloudburst are all good for main-game, along with post-game. DLC characters: Lighting (RAV), Lighting (COM), Snow (SEN), and Sazh (SYN) are also great too."
---
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2
#68bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:25:13 PM
Jkickit posted...
"One thing I'm gonna get out of the way is it doesn't REALLY matter what you use for early/mid story as long as it's an early peaker or well-grown monster and you level them enough. These monsters will make things a little easier on you though:

Cool, thanks... I'll be on the look out for those monsters.
---
#7KayoubiPosted 4/5/2013 7:09:11 AM
There's not limit to numbers you can keep so you don't really have to kick them out. And I actually have 2 yellow chocobos somehow.
#8lercaraPosted 4/5/2013 7:38:44 AM
actually there is a limit. you can only have 1 monster at a time. you are only allowed duplicates of chocobos.
---
Memento mori
#9destrian522Posted 4/5/2013 3:30:16 PM
^That isn't entirely true. You can have up to 2 copies of the non-chocobo monsters that are both Valfodr drops and obtainable either with Mog's help or in a treasure sphere. You have to get the drop from Valfodr first. For Silver Chocobo and Golden Chocobo, the same rule applies, except you can carry 4 of them by getting 3 drops from Valfodr first.

Otherwise, you can carry up to 3 of any chocobo and only 1 of everything else.

There are more details here: http://etrosgate.com/ffxiii-2/allied-monster-database/recruitment
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#10lercaraPosted 4/5/2013 8:44:09 PM
ah i didn't kno that Valfodr allowed you to surpass the limits. now i can make a magic chichu for lulz.
---
Memento mori