Just started this after not really enjoying 13

#11Destroyer_MagePosted 4/4/2013 7:03:57 AM
devak108 posted...
ACrossCountry posted...
that's harsh, any other FF characters in there?

Alright fair enough, was pretty harsh I admit. She's just one of my least favorite characters the series has produced. Not too fond of Snow or Hope either but I hear they are better in this (true?). I liked Lightning, Sazh and Fang (especially Fang) though so the game did produce some good characters.

I'm a bit further in 13-2 now and starting to really enjoy it. The monster taming and feral links are awesome. The reviews I've read seem to all say Noel is a meh character but he's quickly becoming one of my favorites. All in all a much better experience so far imo.

I can see why you didn't like Vanille ,but Vanille isn't that bad a character once Fang joins the group and Vanille reveals her happy go lucky attitude was just an act to hide her sadness. Also, in the final chapter of XIII she's much more toned down and doesn't make as much over the top moans except when you're using Hecaton. Even in XIII-2 she's less sexualised for the brief moment you see her.

Also, I want to high 5 you right now for saying Noel is amongst your favorite characters since he's one of mine too :D
Kudos to you TC and I hope you enjoy the rest of XIII-2 since it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
---
Sims logic: Cheat on your wife, high five her till she forgives you.
Home sweet home https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFCMn3ECMAAxNf_.jpg
#12devak108(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:25:38 AM
^Yea I hear you on that Destroyer_Mage, good point. She does become less obnoxious as the game goes on and actually has a few pretty genuine moments. Appreciate the encouragement with the game too, looking forward to spending some real time getting into it this weekend :)

I'm sure I'll be posting here again down the road for tips and advice with the game. Very cool to see some nice people on this board.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhV1DavSRM
#13devak108(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:38:32 PM(edited)
Holy crap Hope is so much better in this! Alyssa on the other hand, ugggh...

I'm so much more into this than 13 it's not even funny.

One question- Is Sazh in this? I don't care about spoilers, just want to know if I'll actually meet and speak with him or if he's just talked about.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhV1DavSRM
#14ExtremeLightPosted 4/4/2013 4:26:43 PM
devak108 posted...
So far I must say, this is better. I'm surprised because I bought it used expecting to try it out and return it if it's the same thing as 13. I'm enjoying the new elements they added and the story is starting off to be way more interesting.

Do most fans feel this is the better game of the two?

I personally feel this game is wayy better than 13 and 12. The gameplay alone was the driving reason. Also I had more fun then I did in 12 or 13.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#15lercaraPosted 4/4/2013 7:40:50 PM
sazh is in this.
---
Memento mori
#16KayoubiPosted 4/5/2013 7:07:23 AM
Enjoyed 13 and enjoying 13-2 at the moment.

The cute Vanille worked really well having played in japanese voice dubs. I listened to some clips of vanille in english too but it's just not the same. No one does moe characterizations better japan truthfully.
#17mahroflcopterPosted 4/6/2013 4:12:44 AM
devak108 posted...
So far I must say, this is better. I'm surprised because I bought it used expecting to try it out and return it if it's the same thing as 13. I'm enjoying the new elements they added and the story is starting off to be way more interesting.

It really depends on who you ask, but In my experience, more fans liked the first one better.

Final Fantasy XIII, while a rather flawed game, had enough redeeming qualities (Lightning, the battle system, the character arcs, the visuals, the soundtrack, the art direction, the atmosphere,etc.), that I still found it to be a unique and enjoyable experience.

Final Fantasy XIII-2, on the other hand... I don't even know how to adequately express how much I loathed it without coming across as an angry ranter.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#18FishermanFriendPosted 4/6/2013 11:42:29 PM
I didn't find Vanille to be annoying at all. I thought she was fine character. Her moaning and stuff was kind of needless, which is why I think a lot of people hate her, but other than that her character seemed fine to me.
#19Lelouch71Posted 4/7/2013 7:38:02 PM
devak108 posted...

Personally I'm in the same boat as those who prefer this over the original. From what I observed those who love FFXIII either like this game a tad bit less or hate it. Those who think FFXIII is just okay (like myself) tend to prefer this game. Those who hate FFXIII like this game a tad bit better but still hate it anyway.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#20shinigami_matt(Moderator)Posted 4/8/2013 9:35:08 PM
Moomba33 posted...
I preferred XIII myself.
I felt that the Synergist and Saboteur roles were more useful in XIII whereas here a lot of enemies are too weak to bother with using them.
I don't hate Serah and Noel, but I much prefer Fang, Sazh, and Lightning.
I enjoyed XIII's locations more even though they were more linear.
I think the only thing about XIII-2 that I like more than XIII is the Crystarium.

Agreed with all of this.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger