O_O Final Boss for Final Fantasy XIII-2 was so AWESOME!!! I love this game!

#1HellsingOrgPosted 4/11/2013 1:35:25 AM
SPOILERS

I swear that the final boss in FF13-2 was the best final FF boss in a very very long time.
There hasn't been an awesome final boss in a main series FF game that made me go HOLY S*** WOW! since like FFX and thats like more than 10 years ago.

Seriously listen to the soundtrack (SPOILER FREE MUSIC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmZ7Uw76qI

^^^ favorite part starts around 2:05 it reminds me of Japanese eurobeat used in like Initial D and shoot em up bullet hell games. But its sooo badass.

Here is a video of the Final Boss (HUGE SPOILERS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0tuFk5x0w

^^^ You fight 3 awesome sauce BAHAMUTS at the same time!
They have an attack that can kill your highest party in 1 hit!

So here is my story:

So been playing through FF13-2 and having fun with it etc.
got to the final dungeon and didn't bother to grind much and my characters were underlevelled like both having 2500 or 3000 hp which is very low because you should have 4000-5000 at this time.
Anyway get to the final fights and they were a little hard but nothing to extreme.
So I was like "Oh more easy final boss fights like FF13" which didn't give me a hard time at all and I just died like 2-3 times and beat the final bosses easily.

Then I beat Caius and am transported to dark space.
I see a dragon and I'm like "oh 1 bahamut" shouldn't be tough.
THEN THERE ARE 3 of them!
My hands grip the controller, the music starts and I literally yell OH S*** out loud.
I started fighting like there is no tomorrow and take out 1 and then take out the 2nd and damage the 3rd a tiny bit BUT THEN they get revived and I have to take them out again!

I wasn't paying attention to certain countdowns notices and Jet Bahamut Gigaflared my party into oblivion.

I retried this battle like 35 times over the period of 6 hours.
I started getting mad that it was so tough and that I should go back and grind but then I took time to think and realized "hey for the first time in a while I'm fighting an awesome hard final FF boss!" so I just started enjoying it and trying to learn all the moves and defend myself properly.

then finally after trying so many times I decided to put everything I had into the fight.
I was in full sync with the game. If a pin dropped behind me I felt like I could have turned around and catched it in midair before it bounced a second time.
I felt like my reflexes were at 200%
my body was shaking
my mind was fully attentive.
I gripped my black dualshock 3 like it was my life support.
Every time I attacked I yelled "TAKE THAT" and when I got hurt I screamed "OH S*** NOOOOO!"

Finally I had soo many blood wounds that my 2 characters only had 700hp and I couldn't heal them anymore.
the fight had gone on for like 35 minutes!
Jet Bahamut had only a little life left and so did I.
One more strong attack and I was dead.
I then saw the ominous countdown timer!
I raced against the clock staggering him and attacking him and switch to Sentinel to protect myself right at the end.

He Gigaflared my entire party and I only had a little bit of hp left like 300hp.
I said its no or never and wailed away on him and he was getting ready for another attack and BAM! I delivered the final blow!

My euphoria was off the charts.
This was one of my best PS3 gaming experiences since I got my PS3 at launch.
FF13-2 was worth the money JUST FOR THE AWESOME BOSS FIGHT!
I would have spent 60 bucks anyday for an awesome fight like that.

So I just wanted to share this experience with you all.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2Destroyer_MagePosted 4/11/2013 11:17:21 AM
Finally someone who appreciates this game as much as me!!! The Bahamut trio was an insane boss battle (not to mention the spike in difficulty once the paradox scope turned on) and if you want to have a really hard boss battle try the Caius vs Serah+monsters battle with the paradox scope turned on. I was yelling through out the entire battle and just barelly got a victory on 8th attempt. This is definately one of my favorite Final Fantasies of all time :D
---
Sims logic: Cheat on your wife, high five her till she forgives you.
Home sweet home https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFCMn3ECMAAxNf_.jpg
#3chrcolPosted 4/11/2013 2:33:21 PM
a boss that looks nice but ultimately has little oomph.

To me the ff13-2 final boss is easier than some random encounters on academia 500af.
#4yoshi006Posted 4/11/2013 3:59:08 PM
I agree about the final boss being awesome. This game is behind only FF8 for my favorite series of final battles. True, none of the fights were very challenging, but I had a ton of fun throughout the entire series of battles. And the music in all of them is indeed awesome.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#5Destroyer_MagePosted 4/11/2013 10:23:01 PM
chrcol posted...
a boss that looks nice but ultimately has little oomph.

To me the ff13-2 final boss is easier than some random encounters on academia 500af.

Lol That Protobehemoth -_-' ...

Also, yes there are other bosses in the game that's tougher than the final boss but its still no walk in the park.
---
#6ZaneKaiPosted 4/14/2013 12:34:15 AM
It was so bad@$$ for me too!!! I have Noel at lv 99 com & Serah at lv 99 rav at the time. Their healths are in the 3000's. I have Lighting com in my team. It was an epic fight and I almost lost at the last minute. Jet Bahamut had little HP and so did I. After using Lightning's Feral Link, I had my team's HP in the red zone! The boss was just about to unleash the final blow on me. I didn't bother to recover HP and I thought it would have been over for me. Instead of curing, I quickly looked for Javelin Meteor and used it! Jet Bahamut and I unleashed out final blows at the same time! Who was gonna win?! With the second Javelin throw, it struck the boss dead and I was relieved. So much satisfaction too. Even so, I was disappointed, because I didn't die once. But then again, the battle was VERY close, so that was enough for me to call it a decent challenge. I loved it. This game was amazing. Can't wait for part 3!
---
You shouldn't always believe what other people say.
#7Drake_GodPosted 4/14/2013 2:22:55 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
SPOILERS

I swear that the final boss in FF13-2 was the best final FF boss in a very very long time.
There hasn't been an awesome final boss in a main series FF game that made me go HOLY S*** WOW! since like FFX and thats like more than 10 years ago.

Wasn't FFX the boss that does very little damage AND heals you and maybe even casts reraise on you or something like that?

Anyway, save for FFX (and maybe FF5. But a boss that just stands still FOR THE WHOLE BATTLE while you take turn after turn pounding it is still more difficult than a boss that heals you while you pound it) the final battles in final fantasies tend to be better than in other games. In other games final bosses are way easier than most other enemies/bosses.
FF7 had the toughest final boss imo.
FF13 2nd toughest.
13-2, however, I went into blind. No idea what to expect, having low levels and a poor party construction and I 5starred it with no trouble on my 1st attempt...
But don't get me wrong, I don't like challenges :P The Colliseum battles ruined the game for me cause everything else was so easy.
So yeah, I enjoyed the final boss of 13-2 too.
#8achilleszeroPosted 4/14/2013 5:08:25 AM
Drake_God posted...
Wasn't FFX the boss that does very little damage AND heals you and maybe even casts reraise on you or something like that?

Anyway, save for FFX (and maybe FF5. But a boss that just stands still FOR THE WHOLE BATTLE while you take turn after turn pounding it is still more difficult than a boss that heals you while you pound it) the final battles in final fantasies tend to be better than in other games. In other games final bosses are way easier than most other enemies/bosses.

Yu Yevon was not really the final boss of FFX. Braska's Final Aeon was. Unless you count the battle after Safer Sephiroth as the final boss. Which I dont think you are since you say FFVII had the toughest.
---
http://etrosgate.com/ ~~~ The Gameplay Nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
#9Destroyer_MagePosted 4/14/2013 6:08:31 AM
achilleszero posted...
Drake_God posted...

Yu Yevon was not really the final boss of FFX. Braska's Final Aeon was. Unless you count the battle after Safer Sephiroth as the final boss. Which I dont think you are since you say FFVII had the toughest.

That's like calling the Orphan boss battle in FFXIII the final boss battle, which it isn't btw.
---
#10Lelouch71Posted 4/14/2013 1:53:59 PM
I also highly enjoyed the final battle. It has been awhile since I called a final battle epic for a FF game.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"