How much is all of the dlc in total?

#1FaithInAllPosted 4/18/2013 9:14:33 PM
Just ordered this game online and I was wondering how much I have to pay to get all the extra story content. Is it worth buying, does it go on sale?
#2Drake_GodPosted 4/19/2013 7:31:17 AM
For story content, there are only 2 DLC with some sort of story in them.
The rest are all in one of the categories: weapons, costumes, overpowerful super-bosses.

The 2 story content ones probly don't cost too much, but "too much" differs from person to person. And they don't majorly contribute to the story. One is important if you want to play XIII-3. It also comes with a very powerful recruitable character.
#3chrcolPosted 4/19/2013 7:57:49 AM
excluding costumes probably double new cost of game.

I got game enw for 12.99

Topped up PSN 15.

Brought halfish of DLC.

Topped up another 15 PSN.

Got rest of DLC and 2 costumes.

You can choose not to get he DLC but there is no real challenging fights ithout the DLC. Once you beat the game what fights are left are trivial to beat. So without the DLC fights there is far less motivation to make powerful monsters in my opinion.

Since the DLC is where the real challenge is I am dissapointed there is no specific FAQS for tehm.
#4FaithInAll(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:08:59 PM
Thanks for the answers. So is $40 a rough estimate of how much I need to get at least just the gameplay/story content? Don't care much for costumes tbh.
#5TeslaCoi1Posted 4/19/2013 6:29:24 PM
Avoid the weapon DLC's as well if nothing else. They aren't worth it. I bought them, and I regret it now. -_-
#6FaithInAll(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:18:43 PM
TeslaCoi1 posted...
Avoid the weapon DLC's as well if nothing else. They aren't worth it. I bought them, and I regret it now. -_-

Thanks for the heads up. I just want content that adds to the game not much for costumes and the like unless I have money to spare.
#7Drake_GodPosted 4/20/2013 2:50:22 AM
FaithInAll posted...
TeslaCoi1 posted...

Thanks for the heads up. I just want content that adds to the game not much for costumes and the like unless I have money to spare.

The battles DLC don't add much to the game either. They add no story. You get usable characters from them as rare drops, but they are super-bosses. If you are strong enough to beat them, you've probly already beat everything else and the new characters are useless then. At least gilgamesh and Snow are like that.
#8chrcolPosted 4/20/2013 6:56:58 AM
Drage God whilst that is true but another tint is without the DLC there is no post game at all. There is no reason to build monsters like chichu because without the DLC there is no enemy strong enough to even need guys like chichu and purple chocobo.

I have no quarrel that the DLC is overpriced, its way overpriced. (as most DLC's are) but this game would certianly feel more empty without it.

what surprised me is I seen a guy with gilgamesh in his party who had a very low levle serah/noel struggling against the final boss, and I am thinking how did he managed to get gilgamesh when he cant beat caius easily.
#9FaithInAll(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:48:32 AM
Drake_God posted...
FaithInAll posted...
TeslaCoi1 posted...

The battles DLC don't add much to the game either. They add no story. You get usable characters from them as rare drops, but they are super-bosses. If you are strong enough to beat them, you've probly already beat everything else and the new characters are useless then. At least gilgamesh and Snow are like that.

Yeah, can't really decide whether I want them or not. If there really is no postgame, I suppose I will.
#10ZaneKaiPosted 4/20/2013 2:39:56 PM
Trust me, the only things you should buy from this game are the important DLC's. Everything else is complete crap. If you have money, you should definitely buy these 3 DLC's and these 3 are the only ones worth your money.

(My Favorite) - Lightning's Requiem
2nd - Snow's Battlefield
And lastly - Sazh's Head/Tails

It'll cost alot, but it was worth it for me. Give it a try if you really like this game.

Coliseum DLC's are unnecessary and especially the weapons.
The outfits however is based on the player's perspective. If you want a new look, you might like it. But if you feel it'll be a waste of money, that how it'll be. So the outfits are all based on each player's opinions. I for one liked having new outfits. Serah already had a free downloadable costume, so you could get that instead of paying for the other ones. Noel doesn't, so I bought one for him (Spacetime Guardian) which I felt that it really matched him the most.
---
You shouldn't always believe what other people say.