Preemptive...

#1lindaluvPosted 4/20/2013 4:24:03 PM
During the tutorial they said you can get a clean preemptive strike.. but for the life of me all Ive gotten is a 20% hit to chain strike that give me a 3 round haste... and when I get the monsters to show up she can never strike far enuff away within the stupid circle to hit the enemy while its blue...

PS - this game .... I shall reserve that for later -_-
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#2tiornysPosted 4/20/2013 4:55:36 PM
They weakened Preemptive Strikes in this game, which helps to balance the fact that they are generally easier to get than in FFXIII. Preemptive Strikes were definitely overpowered in the original, so I consider this a generally good change. Note that you get a lot of free chain duration in addition to the 20%; I consider the extra duration to be more valuable.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#3lindaluv(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:10:15 AM
Ohh... no I actually thought there were 2 distinct levels of a preemptive strike, like the 20% boost plus haste where you sword swipe the baddies while the circle is red, and also the standard full pre-emp like in FF13 if you hit while the circle is blue because I could've sworn the tutorial said exactly that 0_0. But then again, this game doesnt hold my attention for very long so Im probably not fully paying attention as I read stuff -_-.

Man I miss Fang and Vanille T__T

PS - extra question Tio, can I only hold one of each monster crystal at a time? I was under the impression you could hold multi of each monster so that you could use them for infusion.. but I have held back on infusion because I still dont fully understand it, and 2, Im afraid I will lose some of my better monsters. What I know of infusion so far is that it allows you so give a monster other skills, whether they be passive or battle specific like the -ga spell and whatnot.

PSS - So if I were to use a monster as an infusion, would I have to recapture that monster again.. since it seems I can only hold one of each kind at a time?
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#4MajinKain0Posted 4/21/2013 11:31:00 AM
can I only hold one of each monster crystal at a time?

Yes, you can only hold one of each monster, except you can have 3 of each chocobo. If you have the Snow DLC then you can get 2 of the following monsters: Leyak, Rangda, Cactuarama, Cactuarina, Nanochu, Chichu, Gigantuar, and Twilight Odin. You can also get 4 Silver and Gold Chocobos. To do so you need to get them as drops from Valfodr (3 for the chocobos) before you find them with Moogle Throw.

So if I were to use a monster as an infusion, would I have to recapture that monster again.. since it seems I can only hold one of each kind at a time?

Yes.
#5chrcolPosted 4/23/2013 3:30:06 AM
just a balance change.

In ff13 preemptives were much much harder to get and on certian monsters impossible withotu shrouds.

In the original game preemptive gave.

Near stagger status. (one hit from a quick stagger weapon to stagger).
First strike to human controlled character but NOT to allied characters. (they still need scarf).
20% to target time.

In ff13-2 with it much easier to get.
auto haste for 24 seconds.
20% to chain bonus.
first strike to all allies not just human player.
2000 points on battle score.

In ff13 generally chain resistances were lower with higher stagger points, meaning near stagger status generally meant a large damage multiplier even if not staggering the enemies.