How hard will it be to win over 30000 coins Chocobo Racing?

#1Blaze21Posted 4/21/2013 7:58:16 AM
I'm trying to plat this game, but I did something somewhat out of order before consulting a guide. I've also been mixing my guides.

Anyway, I tried to do the overnight thing with the slots hoping I would get lucky. I didn't but it did manage to get me that Lucky Coin Fragment, the very last one that I needed. Problem is I still need to get that trophy for winning it big. So...It's pretty obvious that the slots aren't going to get me anywhere. I'd rather do another method that will take a bit more effort but will be the most reliable as opposed to hoping I'll get lucky with the slots.

I've already screwed up my Silver Choco in terms of winning a bunch of coins with it cause I fused a level 35 Microchu before reading the faq on here stating not to.

Has anyone here had to win a bunch through racing? About how many Chocobos am I going to have to raise? From what I can tell, once you've used up all their RP, they can't be used anymore, right? And I'm almost certain that the 1 Gold won't be enough.

Or would it be better to not save and try again with the slots, and go for the fragment after I've managed to get over 20000 with racing first?
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#2Moomba33Posted 4/21/2013 9:08:33 AM(edited)
When a chocobo runs out of RP, you can just retire it then register it again.
I'm guessing the RP requirement is just to stop you from getting every racing title in a single career.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#3Blaze21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 9:21:38 AM
Really? Oh thank goodness. Ok. I'll just raise a decent Gold one then and race it over and over until I get enough coins.

Man, that was an easy fix. It'll take a while to do all the races, but I'd much rather do it this way then go for the slots. I hate trophies that depend so much on luck.
---
#4chrcolPosted 4/23/2013 6:00:34 AM
easy but very slow progress.

probably more efficient to just farm for gil and buy the coins or use sazh dlc if you have it.
#5ArmaLeyvatenPosted 4/23/2013 7:27:45 AM
chrcol posted...
easy but very slow progress.

probably more efficient to just farm for gil and buy the coins or use sazh dlc if you have it.

Pretty sure TC was talking about the Serendipitous trophy, which means simply buying the coins won't work. Chocobo racing is by far the easiest way to get the trophy though, TC, and it'll pop in no time if you go for some of the good stuff like Elixirs and Collector Catalogs.
#6Blaze21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 8:31:50 AM
Yeah, I just got it about an hour ago. I....thought it would be a lot harder. I had lost a few races so I pulled out to go catch a Pulse Gladiator to add to my gold choco and it popped up out of no where. It...was pretty anticlimactic. It kind of ruined the platinum experience for me...No where near as satisfying as Tales of Graces f was, or the original XIII. -__-

It's times like this that makes me wonder why I bother with trophies at all...apart from extending the life of some games I'd otherwise stop playing.
---
#7chrcolPosted 4/27/2013 3:02:38 AM
The only trophy I have ever had to bother with is the one from the slots machine, if there is a seperate one for 30k coins I didnt know about it until now, whih means I always got it just from playing the game, probably from sazh dlc I guess.
#8ArmaLeyvatenPosted 4/27/2013 8:56:14 AM
It's a trophy for winning a "net gain" of 10k coins. Which means if you play the slots for the fragment, but lose over 20k coins to get it, that means you have to win 30k to get the trophy (because you have to win the 20k coins back to break even, and then the extra 10k to pop the trophy). It's also doable using the Sazh DLC card games (or so I've heard, so don't quote me on it).
#9chrcolPosted 4/27/2013 10:14:31 AM
dont see it listed here.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/final-fantasy-xiii-2/trophies/
#10chrcolPosted 4/27/2013 10:16:33 AM
sorry here it is

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/final-fantasy-xiii-2/trophy/40447-Serendipitous.html

yeah on both the 360 and ps3 i didnt have to do anything to get that trophy/achievement I just got it. I expect very likely via the sazh dlc as on that its much easier/quicker to get coins.