Wow leveling the Crystarium properly...

#1kewldude475Posted 4/21/2013 12:54:32 PM
makes a world of difference. My first run through I had to grind a ton just to beat the final boss. And fighting Caius in Oerba 200 AF was bonecrushingly hard. With efficient leveling, you barely need to grind at all. Also, Goblin Chieftain.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#2Drake_GodPosted 4/21/2013 1:12:15 PM
Yeah..
I've only played through the game once. Did everything without guides, so my stats are less than optimal (though everything up to this point was easy, cept for the first 3 Valfodrs, proto behemoth, Nabaat and one (spoiler) paradox Caius)
Beat everything cept Gilga, Val 70 and Val 99. To beat them I'll need to restart the game and optimize stats. (Haven't built any monsters so far, but since it takes many days to do so I'd rather not chance it not being enough. So I'll restart then grind after 2nd playthrough)
#3kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:29:18 PM
I kinda feel worried that I'll have to restart to beat Gilgamesh. I already have my COM Lightning, and farming power Crystals for hours to maximize her power was a pain. Not to mention getting Battlemania to make farming power crystals actually viable was extremely annoying.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#4achilleszeroPosted 4/21/2013 2:16:31 PM
Nothing in this games requires you to have to restart. If you want optimized stats, then by all means restart. However, everything in the game can be beaten with suboptimal stats. Monsters can make all the difference. Even so, Gilgamesh and Valfodr can still be done with subpar monsters plus suboptimal stats
---
http://etrosgate.com/ ~~~ The Gameplay Nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
#5chrcolPosted 4/23/2013 3:25:57 AM
yeah it makes a lot of diff, on my first 360 playthru serah/noel were noticebly weaker. Plus it takes much longer when not levelling properly for the stats to seperate, what I mean by that is if you level optimally on serah her magic will be clear of strength very quickly, likewise on noel his strength will be clear of his magic quickly, otherwise it takes noticebly longer for that to happen and the AI will do things like mix magic with strength attacks.