Few hours in, loving the game already (More than FFXIII)

#1TsuzuruPosted 4/23/2013 2:40:12 PM
The whole openinig sequence was mind blowing! It was amazing.
Anway, just opened up the crystarium for the first time.......wtf, so confused,.

I suppose looking up guides is my next objective, xD.
#2kitsunesdPosted 4/23/2013 2:57:02 PM
Glad you're enjoying it! I really did like the customization aspect of this game compared to FFXIII. It's like there's an infinite amount of characters you can add to your team! :D
---
PSN: fennaru
#3lindaluvPosted 4/23/2013 4:06:22 PM
Tsuzuru posted...
Anway, just opened up the crystarium for the first time.......wtf, so confused,.

Im sure you will come to realize how much of a lame attempt at redemption it really is. The more I play FF13-2, the more I miss and understand that FF13 is really better in most aspects.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#4kewldude475Posted 4/23/2013 6:25:17 PM
lindaluv posted...
Tsuzuru posted...

Im sure you will come to realize how much of a lame attempt at redemption it really is. The more I play FF13-2, the more I miss and understand that FF13 is really better in most aspects.

lol.

And follow the Crystarium guide. he game will be less of a hassle.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#5LoliberryPosted 4/25/2013 10:17:40 AM
I have to disagree to an extent, FF13's crystarium and party systems are so much superior to FF13-2. I mean its linear in FF13-2 and now you are forced to tame/capture monsters for party members even though theres not many choices when you get to endgame because certain monsters are just the go-to type for a paradigm. I do love the cutscenes in FF13-2 and i really don't mind the QTEs, but it gets alot better with the DLC episodes. Those are challenging, and you get nice party members.
---
PSN - Deathscythe_x6
#6BardWannabePosted 4/26/2013 11:29:20 AM
Each Role in the Crystarium you can level up to 99. Certain abilities are learned at specific levels. The relevance of the actual sphere board is that the large spheres are what grant the large stat bonuses. If you are one of those types who wants to maximize everything, save the Commando and Ravager level-ups for the big spheres; those are the roles that grant large Attack and Magic boosts, so they're the most valuable ones. You'll be getting a ton of experience--the game is very liberal with it--so such a strategy only hurts short-term, with a large payoff.

I'm not sure how clear this explanation is--ask away if you need anything more.