Monster Infusion FAQ - Final Update

#1sakurayulePosted 5/4/2013 5:49:21 PM
I'm going to be making one final update to the Monster Infusion FAQ in the next couple of weeks to take care of some errors and other odds'n'ends.

If there's anything significant to warrant an addition to the FAQ, this thread is your chance to bring it to my attention. Once the final update is made, the FAQ will no longer be updated (barring new DLC), as BMS and I will be prepping for FF13-3.

Cheers.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#2destrian522Posted 5/4/2013 7:14:01 PM
Is Metal Gigantuar's common drop on your list? It's supposed to be a Potent Booster.

I also recommended that Taly change "normal drop" to "common drop" globally since it is inconsistent with the game's terminology. You might consider doing that.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#3sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 7:21:23 PM
destrian522 posted...
Is Metal Gigantuar's common drop on your list? It's supposed to be a Potent Booster.

I also recommended that Taly change "normal drop" to "common drop" globally since it is inconsistent with the game's terminology. You might consider doing that.

Noted. :)
---
\_(ツ)_/
#4sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 12:58:35 PM
Has anyone discovered any errors which need correcting or created new builds they wanted added for this final update?
---
\_(ツ)_/
#5ArmaLeyvatenPosted 5/5/2013 9:34:43 PM
Is it possible to add a lvl 16 Sazh variant build to the FAQ? I swear, I've looked all over for this and haven't even seen a glimpse of one, and adding it to the FAQ could help people just starting the game who got the Sazh DLC and want an all-augment SYN. If there's already a link somewhere that has such a build then I'm obviously not that good at finding such specific information XD

Anyways, just a thought...
#6sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:37:55 PM
ArmaLeyvaten posted...
Is it possible to add a lvl 16 Sazh variant build to the FAQ? I swear, I've looked all over for this and haven't even seen a glimpse of one, and adding it to the FAQ could help people just starting the game who got the Sazh DLC and want an all-augment SYN. If there's already a link somewhere that has such a build then I'm obviously not that good at finding such specific information XD

Anyways, just a thought...

Hmm.. a "just starting the game" Sazh build might not be a bad idea at all.
In fact, I love the idea. I'll get BMS on Skype right now and we'll make you a build for the update.

Great idea! :)
---
\_(ツ)_/
#7ArmaLeyvatenPosted 5/5/2013 11:28:04 PM
Awesome, though I can't imagine the final build for a level 16 Sazh being too far off from this:

Feral Speed II(RL)
Augment Maintenance(RL)
Item Collector(RL)
Auto-Haste
HP+30%
Magic+35%
Auto-Bravery
Auto-Faith
Auto-Tetradefense
First Strike

Unless I'm skipping over something else that's vital to a SYN because, honestly, it's been a while since I've touched the game (already did everything...not much more motivation to play it) it seems like that would be the winner.
#8sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:16:07 AM(edited)
ArmaLeyvaten posted...
Awesome, though I can't imagine the final build for a level 16 Sazh being too far off from this:

Feral Speed II(RL)
Augment Maintenance(RL)
Item Collector(RL)
Auto-Haste
HP+30%
Magic+35%
Auto-Bravery
Auto-Faith
Auto-Tetradefense
First Strike

Unless I'm skipping over something else that's vital to a SYN because, honestly, it's been a while since I've touched the game (already did everything...not much more motivation to play it) it seems like that would be the winner.

Wait, I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were implying that you wanted a Starter-Sazh, capable of being created from only visiting the first few areas of the game.

It sounds like you want a Sazh who doesn't learn any skills above 16 (17 being Protect) for the purpose of...? (creating an offensively-focused Sazh, ie: Brave/Faith?)

Keep in mind, you're losing the lv32 and lv38 abilities by limiting him that much.

Note:
Default Passive: Augment Maintenance (RL)
Default Passive: Item Collector (RL)
Default Skill--: Bravery
Default Skill--: Faith
Lv. 02 Skill---: Vigilance
Lv. 03 Skill---: Enfrost
Lv. 07 Skill---: Enthunder
Lv. 08 Passive-: Feral Speed (RL)
Lv. 12 Skill---: Enfire
Lv. 14 Skill---: Enaero
Lv. 17 Skill---: Protect
Lv. 23 Skill---: Shell
Lv. 25 Skill---: Veil
Lv. 26 Skill---: Bravega
Lv. 32 Skill---: Endless Blessings
Lv. 38 Passive-: Augment Maintenance II (RL)
Lv. 42 Passive-: Critical: Haste (RL)
Lv. 43 Skill---: Vigilaga
Lv. 45 Passive-: Feral Speed II (RL)
---
\_(ツ)_/
#9tiornysPosted 5/6/2013 3:12:13 AM
I'm not sure what ArmaLeyvaten meant, but I think it'd be a great idea to do a starter Sazh using only the early resources. Bonus if it's easy to convert him to a finalized L41 build later in the game.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#10sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:19:15 AM
tiornys posted...
I'm not sure what ArmaLeyvaten meant, but I think it'd be a great idea to do a starter Sazh using only the early resources. Bonus if it's easy to convert him to a finalized L41 build later in the game.

I doubt it would be, not with the materials available early-game.
It would basically be a Sazh capable of carrying the party to mid-game (maybe towards end-game), but definitely not post-game, at least not efficiently.

Basically,
1- Starter Sazh: Early-Game, Mid-Game, End-Game
2- [Delete Sazh, Close his gate, earn him again]0
3- Good Sazh: End-Game, Post-Game.

would be the process, and since earning him is stupid-easy, this isn't really far-fetched.
---
\_(ツ)_/