Caius (spoilers)

#1kuntrygamerPosted 5/16/2013 6:39:04 PM
ok, so Caius wants to kill Etro to release chaos, making everything into Valhalla and stopping time. the heart of Chaos in Caius' chest is Etro's heart and if destroyed, kills Etro. sooo....why didn't Caius just kill himself at the very beginning. i know, i know, self-preservation and all that, but if he was willing to destroy the world and everyone in it all for the sake of Yeul why not sacrifice himself for her?
#2BurninggUpPosted 5/16/2013 6:43:42 PM
I know, right? So ridiculous that he commit suicide in the ending, but didn't do it from the beginning. So dumb.

That's kind of weird then though: is his own heart still in there? Or did it combine with etro's or sumthin? Lol
#3roxas9001Posted 5/16/2013 7:55:12 PM
BurninggUp posted...
I know, right? So ridiculous that he commit suicide in the ending, but didn't do it from the beginning. So dumb.

That's kind of weird then though: is his own heart still in there? Or did it combine with etro's or sumthin? Lol

He can't self terminate.

He "killed" himself because Noel was still in "kill mode" and Noel was ready mentally to be the next guardian.
---
Favorite FF Villains- Kuja>Caius Ballad>Kefka>Seymour>Ultimecia.
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#4CatMutoPosted 5/17/2013 6:41:39 AM
But how was Noel still in kill mode?
He still held his weapons and all, but was saying that he wasn't gonna kill Caius after all and let him live. Something about knowing the meaning of life or something, I kinda blank out at that point.

But if Caius can't kill himself, why did it even work in the ending?
See, this is why the entire story premise of XIII-2 doesn't make sense.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#5roxas9001Posted 5/17/2013 7:25:14 AM
CatMuto posted...
He still held his weapons and all, but was saying that he wasn't gonna kill Caius after all and let him live. Something about knowing the meaning of life or something, I kinda blank out at that point.

C-A

Noel was ready to kill him.
---
Favorite FF Villains- Kuja>Caius Ballad>Kefka>Seymour>Ultimecia.
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#6BurninggUpPosted 5/17/2013 8:26:43 PM
CatMuto posted...

C-A

I agree. It didn't matter if you chose to kill him or not. Noel still wouldn't have killed him. Caius pulled the blade into his own heart, it wasn't Noel who forces it in. He was just standing there. Caius was the one who did it lol
#7lightdragoon88Posted 5/18/2013 11:07:42 PM
BurninggUp posted...
CatMuto posted...

C-A

I agree. It didn't matter if you chose to kill him or not. Noel still wouldn't have killed him. Caius pulled the blade into his own heart, it wasn't Noel who forces it in. He was just standing there. Caius was the one who did it lol

Time for me to step in again huh?

The one who holds the hearth of Etro is 99.9% immortal. The only way to die is to be killed by the hand of another guardian.

"But Noel didn't killed him, Caius killed himself"

Yes and No. While Caius did stab himself with Noel weapon, Noel was still holding the weapon so technically Caius died at the hand of another guardian.

In others words, Caius exploded a loophole.

"Well why didn't he do that at the beginning of the game?"

Excellent question. When a guardian who has the heart of Etro is killed by the hand of another guardian, the heart isn't destroyed but rather transfer to the new guardian. HOWEVER! If the new guardian will is strong enough, said guardian will resit the transfer and the heart is destroyed instead.

So everything Caius did in the game was to build Noel will. Every time we fought him, he was testing Noel will.

When Noel refused our command at the end of the game and made his own choice, Caius knew his will was strong enough to destroyed the heart.

I believe that is everything?
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#8CatMutoPosted 5/19/2013 12:13:27 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...

Okay, where was that part mentioned?
I played the game a lot recently and saw the scenes in Dying World often enough, and never was it mentioned that the transfer could be stopped for any reason. And I will bring up the Paradox Ending of Dying World, where Noel kills Caius and gets the Heart of Etro. Why did that not happen, if it can happen in the game anyway?

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#9Destroyer_MagePosted 5/19/2013 7:38:41 AM
CatMuto posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

I played the game a lot recently and saw the scenes in Dying World often enough, and never was it mentioned that the transfer could be stopped for any reason. And I will bring up the Paradox Ending of Dying World, where Noel kills Caius and gets the Heart of Etro. Why did that not happen, if it can happen in the game anyway?

C-A

Because at that point Noel was strong enough to kill Caius but his will wasn't strong enough to resist the heart of Etro, hence why he became Caius' successor in the paradox ending. By the end of the game Noel's strong enough to defeat Caius and his will is strong enough to resist the heart of etro which is why we got our wonderful ending.I'm more peeved/pissed off that they didn't use the "Space,Time Guardian" outfit for that whole floating sequence in the historia crux during the paradox ending. >:(
---
Sims logic: Cheat on your wife, high five her till she forgives you.
Home sweet home https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFCMn3ECMAAxNf_.jpg
#10lightdragoon88Posted 5/19/2013 8:29:12 AM
CatMuto posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

C-A

It is not mention in cutscenes, it is mention in the fragments.

You really got to read the datalogs as they reveal a lot of information.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png