Caius (spoilers)

#11CatMutoPosted 5/20/2013 1:51:33 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...
It is not mention in cutscenes, it is mention in the fragments.

You really got to read the datalogs as they reveal a lot of information.

Okay, I'm not saying that the Datalog is a terrible idea...
You know, it's nice to find some background things out about the world you are playing in. But don't put important to the storyline detail into the Datalog. Not everybody reads them, I read them, but after a while I forget and don't care to read it again. Heck, it's like putting the answer key to the final puzzle before the final boss into that one tiny box in a strategy guide that nobody looks at because it's so easy to miss.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#12lightdragoon88Posted 5/20/2013 2:22:04 PM
CatMuto posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
It is not mention in cutscenes, it is mention in the fragments.

You really got to read the datalogs as they reveal a lot of information.

You know, it's nice to find some background things out about the world you are playing in. But don't put important to the storyline detail into the Datalog. Not everybody reads them, I read them, but after a while I forget and don't care to read it again. Heck, it's like putting the answer key to the final puzzle before the final boss into that one tiny box in a strategy guide that nobody looks at because it's so easy to miss.

C-A

Not my fault you don't read/remember it.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#13Blaze21Posted 5/22/2013 6:53:46 AM
CatMuto posted...
You know, it's nice to find some background things out about the world you are playing in. But don't put important to the storyline detail into the Datalog. Not everybody reads them, I read them, but after a while I forget and don't care to read it again.

I really do agree with this. Apparently a lot of the best aspects of FF13 was in the Datalog's as well. I read a lot of them, but there was so much, I'm pretty sure I didn't read them all, and definitely not for 13-2.

Don't get me wrong, I like to read and all, however, I'm not playing a video game to read to find out about the plot. It's hard to not feel like that's just plain lazy storytelling.

To me, that's no different then reading a book, and if I want to know all the intricate and most interesting parts of the story, I have to go watch the movie that's in theaters, or go read the companion book. Or! It's like those really huge books with tons of jargon and they have the little glossaries in the back, only I'm talking about the ones that don't even bother to define the terms. You have to go read the glossary to get the full meaning.
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards