Need some help with monster infusing

#1DanaDoo12Posted 5/20/2013 4:56:08 PM
I know there are probably hundreds of topics about this already, but I just need a "for dummies" version of the information.

Okay, so I used the Infusion FAQ to upgrade the Blue Chocobo. Everything went smoothly, I used all the monsters listed in order and had all 10 of the abilities listed. However, then I read the list of suggested alternate abilities, and realized that it'd be better to have Pack Mentality in place of Role Resonance because I never use a paradigm with three of the same roles as my main one, and because PM is an obvious choice if you want to use three chocobos in your party. The thing is... I have absolutely no idea how to swap out Role Resonance for PM. I tried not infusing the monster that was giving me RR before, but somehow I end up with it anyway, and then when I try infusing Chichu into the chocobo, PM doesn't get transferred even though I have room for one more ability. It never transfers no matter what ability I choose to sacrifice for it anyway.

Can someone tell me what I need to do?
#2achilleszeroPosted 5/20/2013 7:59:59 PM
DanaDoo12 posted...
and realized that it'd be better to have Pack Mentality in place of Role Resonance because I never use a paradigm with three of the same roles as my main one,

What would actually be better would be to actually use Tri-disaster rather than pigeonholing yourself into only using one group of monsters and less effecient paradigms.

and because PM is an obvious choice if you want to use three chocobos in your party.

If an all-Chocobo is what you want, then putting PM on your COM is really all you need.

The thing is... I have absolutely no idea how to swap out Role Resonance for PM. I tried not infusing the monster that was giving me RR before, but somehow I end up with it anyway, and then when I try infusing Chichu into the chocobo, PM doesn't get transferred even though I have room for one more ability. It never transfers no matter what ability I choose to sacrifice for it anyway.

You're actually getting Role Resonance from two monsters. So you'd have to get rid of both Munchkin Boss and Buccaboo Ace. I cant really say how that will affect the build without going through it myself.

The reason you aren't able to transfer PM is that its a low rank 4 ability. The only way to add PM to an established build is to YL every ability except the one you want to be rid of. Then on a separate monster, YL a rank 1-3 ability (Resist Fire +10 for example) and infuse that into your main build which will bump off the unwanted passive. Next unlock that ability and finally PM can be freely infused. Yeah, its a pain and probably not worth it for a RAV.
---
http://etrosgate.com/ ~~~ The Gameplay Nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
#3sakurayulePosted 5/22/2013 9:21:13 PM
achilleszero posted...
DanaDoo12 posted...
and realized that it'd be better to have Pack Mentality in place of Role Resonance because I never use a paradigm with three of the same roles as my main one,

What would actually be better would be to actually use Tri-disaster rather than pigeonholing yourself into only using one group of monsters and less effecient paradigms.

and because PM is an obvious choice if you want to use three chocobos in your party.

If an all-Chocobo is what you want, then putting PM on your COM is really all you need.

The thing is... I have absolutely no idea how to swap out Role Resonance for PM. I tried not infusing the monster that was giving me RR before, but somehow I end up with it anyway, and then when I try infusing Chichu into the chocobo, PM doesn't get transferred even though I have room for one more ability. It never transfers no matter what ability I choose to sacrifice for it anyway.

You're actually getting Role Resonance from two monsters. So you'd have to get rid of both Munchkin Boss and Buccaboo Ace. I cant really say how that will affect the build without going through it myself.

The reason you aren't able to transfer PM is that its a low rank 4 ability. The only way to add PM to an established build is to YL every ability except the one you want to be rid of. Then on a separate monster, YL a rank 1-3 ability (Resist Fire +10 for example) and infuse that into your main build which will bump off the unwanted passive. Next unlock that ability and finally PM can be freely infused. Yeah, its a pain and probably not worth it for a RAV.

*sniffle* You have surpassed me, my child. <3
---
\_(&#12484;)_/
#4Sir_TripzalotPosted 5/23/2013 3:13:58 PM
Damn achilles...

That was a complete answer

Cheers!
---
Your proctologist called...he's found your head.
Three words to fix the economy. Gay. Bridal. Registry. discuss...