How would you turn Square Enix around

#1sicko26usPosted 6/3/2013 6:44:34 AM
I am doing a college paper (management) on the problems Square Enix is having and how to turn them around. So I decided to ask on the Final Fantasy boards.

So how would you turn Square Enix around?
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#2psicomelitePosted 6/3/2013 7:44:18 AM
Let me design a game.
#3destrian522Posted 6/4/2013 5:45:39 PM
As long as I can help.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#4ajmrowland1Posted 6/4/2013 9:36:54 PM
It seems the last several years has seen a clutter of projects paired with some loose restrictions on time leading to this generation being all but a drought for output. Add to that a number of corporate politics, overprice DLC, and the fact that Final Fantasy is basically a series that feels like any game with a name change can join. Take that however you wish.

But back to square, they also severely mismanaged some information leading to a poorly informed public filled with rumors and false hopes or pessimism.

I'd change all of that.
#5chronoplusPosted 6/5/2013 4:51:06 PM
Maybe they need to be clear with the platforms that they will be working for so fans will know which platform to support. And buy their games.
#6sicko26us(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 6:52:33 AM
ajmrowland1 posted...
It seems the last several years has seen a clutter of projects paired with some loose restrictions on time leading to this generation being all but a drought for output. Add to that a number of corporate politics, overprice DLC, and the fact that Final Fantasy is basically a series that feels like any game with a name change can join. Take that however you wish.

But back to square, they also severely mismanaged some information leading to a poorly informed public filled with rumors and false hopes or pessimism.

I'd change all of that.

Good ideas, thanks.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#7Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 6/14/2013 10:48:49 AM
chronoplus posted...
Maybe they need to be clear with the platforms that they will be working for so fans will know which platform to support. And buy their games.

This.

Also, they need to NEVER repeat the Versus XIII debacle.
---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak
#8MashiyyatPosted 6/15/2013 8:50:19 PM
"How would you turn Square Enix around"

With my pants already down.
#9AlmasNo1FanPosted 6/15/2013 10:33:08 PM(edited)
I think if you are trying to write on Square Enix in academia you cannot and should not rely on fan advice. What you need to do is familiarize yourself with Square-Enix Holdings -- http://square-enix.com/index.html -- and the financial standpoints, limitations, growth expectancies, and befuddlements when the Japanese business model is the undercurrent to the United Statss audience.

The website provided gives you access to their business model, business ethic, and has back logged their financial reports since the 1980s. Use this to cross reference your scholarly articles, most probably found via ProQuest at your library.

As far as my credibility, I did my undergraduate degree in rhetoric and mass communication and am a grad student now. My undergrad internship was with Ruder Finn, who has worked with Square-Enix extensively. While I did write a business diagnosis for Square-Enix myself, I wrote it from an Organizational Communication standpoint. I'll be happy to share my bibliography :)
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#10chrcolPosted 6/22/2013 4:07:10 AM
as I said on the wii-u thread.

I would only focus on what the jap market wants and then translate the game to sell in western markets.

I wouldnt design the game for western players, thats whats wrecked SE.