Coming up to Final Episode, would like some advice

#1Mavado 2 NitaraPosted 7/1/2013 4:46:21 AM
I have gone for optimal crystarium and have collected 82 fragments, I am aiming to 100% the game.

I would like to know if there is any equipment I should focus on acquiring for final boss/postgame. I assume I should farm Serendipity soon for collector's catalogue and acquire the fragments for specific fragment skills to help me farm materials/monsters?

At the moment Serah has the Chrysalis Arc and Noel is using Blazing Spirit.
---
Do you like our owl?
http://www.backloggery.com/monstresacre
#2MagnusmightPosted 7/1/2013 7:33:39 AM
Mavado 2 Nitara posted...
I have gone for optimal crystarium and have collected 82 fragments, I am aiming to 100% the game.

I would like to know if there is any equipment I should focus on acquiring for final boss/postgame. I assume I should farm Serendipity soon for collector's catalogue and acquire the fragments for specific fragment skills to help me farm materials/monsters?

Do not cry and do not be pissed
#3MightyGebPosted 7/1/2013 7:56:38 AM
You can't 100% until after the final episode, just go for it.

Because of the way the game is setup it's basically impossible to miss anything. However, if you're doing DLC you technically can't 100% if you've gotten any unique monsters. There's also the Archylte Steppe Live Trigger bug thing...

Best weapons are gotten from Ochu/Immortal on the Steppe. You only need one Collector Catalog for items (upgrade into Durable) or two to maximise Gil gain (double Durable).

As for fragments I would recommend going straight for main game completion for Clock Master. You really shouldn't need to do extensive farming. That will speed up stuff more than anything else. Other fragments can certainly help, but I can't remember any details off the top of my head. There are guides here you can check up if you want more details.
---
GT: geblobledee
http://www.youtube.com/user/MightyGeb
#4A_MAZ_INGPosted 7/2/2013 12:38:22 AM
Mavado 2 Nitara posted...

My advice would be to get many more fragments (at least 120) and use the chaos crystal weapons in the final episode....
#5Mavado 2 Nitara(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 4:23:57 PM
Well, that was a pretty interesting To be continued, lol. Just glad I'm waiting less than a year for this FFXIII saga's conclusion. I hope Noel is more of an interesting character next time around because of this ending.

At the moment I have 131 fragments, maxed crystarium, durable collector's catalogue and have killed Yomi but I'm working on the Cactuar build that supposedly makes farming him for traps and gil a breeze. Have all the drops from Ochu/Immortal and could buy the strongest weapons from Chocolina but I'm saving the gil mainly for building Cactuar up. Have a few monsters I need to round up though. Catching Tonberry probably won't be too fun.

I should probably go and get all the fragments now but I'd rather do that last. I'll use them on coliseum DLC or something.
---
Do you like our owl?
http://www.backloggery.com/monstresacre
#6exodus18Posted 7/3/2013 4:05:21 PM
I'll also add on how important Clock Master is. I did a lot of farming at ~140 fragments, thinking I would farm then get 160.

But boy, clock master makes everything so much more efficient.

The only bad thing is, once you get clock master, playing the game at normal speed feels like a chore.