Stuck on Caius first encounter...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Stuck on Caius first encounter...

User Info: Valkyriareaper1

Valkyriareaper1
3 years ago#1
I've been looking up strategies on how to beat him, none help. I'm not sure how to buff/debuff him, my characters as far as I'm aware can't do saboteur or synergist, I'm trying to figure out how to keep his health from regenerating... can I buy poison from the woman dressed as a chocobo? My characters can paradigm shift with ravager, commando, sentinel, medic in many different orders of those 4... what's the best strategy?

User Info: Mashiyyat

Mashiyyat
3 years ago#2
ITs been too long since i played to remember a stratedgy so I can't help there, but i will say this: I beat the game w/o ever using syn or sab even once. That was prob not the best way to go about it, but i went through the game with just the four classes you mentioned, so dont give up hope its not impossible.

User Info: Moomba33

Moomba33
3 years ago#3
Try using a dedicated Sentinel.
I do recommend unlocking Sabotuer for Serah and Synergist for Noel on their next Crystarium expansions, though.
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie

User Info: D_I3igI3oss

D_I3igI3oss
3 years ago#4
I spent about half an hour trying to come up for a strategy to beat him, but to no avail. Your just going to have to level up and have a dedicated sentinel if you need to, make sure you have a sab for his buffs, and you'll beat him easily.

User Info: e4josh

e4josh
3 years ago#5
You seem like you've came into this game not playong XIII... Anyways I'll make this quick and simple...

A SAB role debuffs your enemies (gives them status aliments like poison, deprotect, deshell...) and a SYN role buffs your party (gives them protect, shell, veil...)

To counter Caius's rapid health regen, land 'Poison' on Cauis, you will have to do this a few times as he gets rid of all his status aliments and his chain gauge a few times... The best person to give the SAB role to is Serah, and Noel's the best person for the SYN role.

Also, I hope this playthrough helps you with the Cauis fight, Olizandri is a easy proven gamer, who, always shows his techniques in the simplest way.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlX_UufdNY&feature=related&rl=yes&hl=en-GB&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=US
" Never let a bad day make you think you have a bad life ". ~ Wise Words

User Info: psicomelite

psicomelite
3 years ago#6
That video is bad.

You don't need Poison. Start learning important buffs and debuffs and which monsters have powerful Feral Links.

An example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-8_MFF9jNY

You don't need to be this precise, but Nekton and Gahongas are very helpful monsters at this point.
Valfodr Lv. 99 - 4:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H7akDZJMEg
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Stuck on Caius first encounter...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived