Is it possible to farm the Long Gui?

#1RachenarPosted 2/24/2014 9:25:48 AM
For adamantite? Just wondering if it's a one-time deal or not. I guess you could close the gate every time but it seems like it would be a pain to redo the goblin & sheep sidequests just to re-fight the long gui...
---
Do you believe that your consciousness can affect the behavior of subatomic particles?
~ Nathaniel Sr. from 'Six Feet Under'
#2ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/24/2014 10:07:13 AM
You can fight him as many times as you want. Just fight him, change the weather, leave to the Historia Crux, go back, and change the weather back to his and he'll be there again
#3Rachenar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 10:26:24 AM
Thanks!
---
Do you believe that your consciousness can affect the behavior of subatomic particles?
#4SquareFanaticPosted 2/24/2014 1:33:26 PM
Adamantite is a bit easier obtained at the chocobo races.
---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." -Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#5Rachenar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 1:59:17 PM
SquareFanatic posted...

How hard is the race to win? My golden chocobo is maxed out but there are some races I still have trouble beating. Not the ones for the collectors catalogues, though.
---
#6SquareFanaticPosted 2/24/2014 2:16:32 PM
Rachenar posted...
SquareFanatic posted...

How hard is the race to win? My golden chocobo is maxed out but there are some races I still have trouble beating. Not the ones for the collectors catalogues, though.

The race for adamantite is a minimum-length Guardian course so should be easy enough for the Golden to win. Just keep an eye out to make sure, though. The game likes to toss-in spoilers at that level. They can usually be overcome with boost, but still...
---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." -Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#7Rachenar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 2:23:09 PM
Thanks! Anyways I just need to win it 4 times for the ultimate weapons, right?
---
#8GrammaFunkPosted 2/24/2014 2:49:23 PM
I was finding out when I was doing that, that every time you register your Chocobo, at least one Adamantite race would show up sooner or later. But after that, I wouldn't find one in hours of racing and shuffling. So after the Adamantite race, unregister and re-register your chocobo, and play races until it comes up and repeat. Long Gui has like....a 5% chance to drop it? Even with durable collector catalogs it might take a while just because of how much health he has.
#9Rachenar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 7:19:02 AM
I only have 145 RP left... as the above poster said I only have fal'cie class races showing up, so I'll have to unregister the chocobo. I have no use for coins anymore so I might buy shuffles. I beat the long gui for the first time yesterday and he dropped an adamantite on the first try, so I might try with long gui anyways if I end up running out of RP.
---
#10GrammaFunkPosted 2/25/2014 8:23:39 AM
Well when your bird runs out of RP you can just un-register and re-register it and it will have full RP again, so that shouldn't be an issue XD
---
"STEELGUARD!" ~ Snow