Question about Krytal's guide( monster infusion)

#1AmadeIstarPosted 8/12/2014 10:22:39 PM
I just finished ch.2 and recruited almost all the monsters I can,so far ( just missing
Suarog and Exoray and levelled up as much as I can, pulse soldier and nekton. Now I'm considering infusions which is probably too early to do but I'd like to know what to aim for.
I always like Krystal's guides but I would like to know what the (number) is beside recommended infusion source is....does it mean the higher a number, the more powerful the infusion? Or what?

Can you infuse a monster more than once?
I don't dare try since it's all automatically saved.
---
Video games will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no video games.-adapted from F.F.F..
#2MajinKain0Posted 8/13/2014 7:13:18 AM
AmadeIstar posted...
I always like Krystal's guides but I would like to know what the (number) is beside recommended infusion source is....does it mean the higher a number, the more powerful the infusion? Or what?

The monster's level. This is either for a specific passive ability (i.e. Strength +35%), role ability (i.e. Firaga), or hidden role abilities (for this you need to infuse 99 levels worth of monsters in a specific role: Com <-> Rav, Sab <-> Syn, Sen <-> Med).

AmadeIstar posted...
Can you infuse a monster more than once?

A monster can only be infused into another monster once. A monster can be infused with as many other monsters as you want.

AmadeIstar posted...
I don't dare try since it's all automatically saved.

The only time the game auto saves is when you advance the plot, boss fights, or return to the Historia Crux. If you load your game and just infuse while in the Historia Crux the game won't auto save. You can also create another save while in the Historia Crux (auto saves will now affect this file, unless you reset and reload the original).
#3AmadeIstar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 12:15:26 AM
I'd like to develope my Pulse Soldier since Pulse Knight is maxed at L.20. Is it a good idea to infuse P.Knight into P.Soldier? They both have a red locked passive ability but I don't know if one is drastically better than the other....resist damage vs def. maintenance? Otherwise, the only other passive ability to be gained is HP+25 instead of+16?
---
Video games will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no video games.-adapted from F.F.F..
#4AmadeIstar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 3:20:37 AM
Looks like I won't get far in this game because of the rift puzzles.
I can't past the one in oerba even tho it's considered easy. Maybe I'll try again but I have my doubts about the future ones.
---
#5Dante_VIIPosted 8/15/2014 3:52:38 AM
If It's a clock puzzle, there are websites for those like this.

http://clockpuzzle.pl/
#6AmadeIstar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 6:43:32 AM
Did it....didn't realize I had to keep 'x' pressed.
Anyway, is it a good idea to infuse maxed pulse knight into my pulse soldier? .
---