Whats this about?

#1ChikenthundaPosted 1/22/2011 8:09:22 PM
TOPIC
---
Psn:Chickenthunda
#2Happy Mask ManPosted 1/22/2011 10:32:20 PM
It's a set of augmented reality games that comes pre-installed on the 3DS. They're games that use a video feed from the 3DS's cameras and combine it with graphics to create the effect of a game taking place in the real world.
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#3Chikenthunda(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 2:15:06 PM
That sounds very interesting, thank you for explaining what this game is about.
---
Psn:Chickenthunda
#4KayubePosted 1/24/2011 8:14:28 PM
Oh cool. So there'll be something fun to do with the 3DS even if you don't have any games for it.
---
Animal Crossing: CF- 1590-8597-1715
Tendo in Eureka
#5YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 1/30/2011 6:19:43 AM
Think of it like take a picture of your old man, instead of his normal face, you get him wanting to eat you for dinner.

RESIDENT EEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
#6sockesockePosted 2/4/2011 12:21:36 PM
AR stands for augmented reality right?
---
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#7Happy Mask ManPosted 2/4/2011 8:09:10 PM
Yes.
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#8CrimsonAtomskPosted 2/28/2011 10:48:36 PM
I have a question though, What do the other cards besides the ? Mark one, from the videos all I have seen are little figurines... but is that really all they do? (It would have been nice to have little minigames that are based on the card characters)
#9Caissas_AngelPosted 3/1/2011 12:36:37 PM

There are 6 cards. The question mark box, and 5 character - Mario, Link (Toon I believe), Samus, Kirby and Pikmin. The cards are made to "come to life" using the 3DS. Thus the character featured appears and interacts with the screen, in 3D, and games can be played.

I don't know what games will exist with the character cards, but the box has a target shooting game. It becomes a treasure chest, with targets to be fired at using the 3DS. The targets appear all around the box, including around the back of it and even inside it, so you have to move the console about to get at them. When I tried it at a launch event, the last set of targets was a huge dragon that the chest turned into, and you had to shoot all the parts of it's body.

It's a very exciting idea that they can do a lot with, and hella fun to play which I can tell you from firsthand experience!

#10CrimsonAtomskPosted 3/2/2011 11:00:45 PM
I don't know what games will exist with the character cards, but the box has a target shooting game. It becomes a treasure chest, with targets to be fired at using the 3DS. The targets appear all around the box, including around the back of it and even inside it, so you have to move the console about to get at them. When I tried it at a launch event, the last set of targets was a huge dragon that the chest turned into, and you had to shoot all the parts of it's body.

Yeah I have seen a few videos of it.. sadly all the character cards did was become figures that did little poses... anyway, from what i have seen (At least on the Jap3DS in videos) There is also a game that is a mix of Billiards and Minigolf... and a Fishing game (turns table into water to fish.. kinda cool) and those are just the ? mark box..

I wonder if Nintendo will release more cards...

BTW:
Billiard/minigolf type deal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbWZiZ01G0&feature=related
Fishing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4EU8dkvgC0&feature=related