Flashing blue light, it never stops.

#1KonekoKaemonPosted 1/7/2012 7:18:47 PM
It never stops. Ever.

I can't figure out why its flashing, the PS button, blue. I don't have any notifications as far as I can tell, and I have no messages, my games are updated...

Am I missing something that triggers this thing?
---
XBL/Steam/PSN: KeiKaemon
~Currently playing~ My PS Vita
#2TranslatorTomPosted 1/7/2012 7:24:53 PM
You have the 3G version, right?
#3KonekoKaemon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2012 7:29:40 PM
No, Wifi version.
---
#4BoosenPosted 1/7/2012 7:35:11 PM
KonekoKaemon posted...
It never stops. Ever.

I can't figure out why its flashing, the PS button, blue. I don't have any notifications as far as I can tell, and I have no messages, my games are updated...

Am I missing something that triggers this thing?

Same here. I got Wi-Fi. I stopped playing for a while and the light stops flashing.
---
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395
Psn - Brysen
#5JordycePosted 1/7/2012 7:42:15 PM
I've had some weird experiences with the blue light.

After putting into sleep mode, about 30 seconds after, it flashes blue for two seconds. If I try and wake it from sleep before then, it's instant, but if it's after the blue flash it has about a one second delay, so it seems to be the machine going into full sleep.

Another time it went blue (not flashing, just constantly blue) while in sleep mode. It wouldn't wake up, and nothing I did would stop it, until I held down the power button for a minute and I reset the machine. It was fine afterward. This has happened to one other person AFAIK.

Vita has some strange issues, but nothing a reset won't fix.
#6bluehat94Posted 1/7/2012 7:52:39 PM
it seems like the issues the vita has dont do anything bad but are really annoying
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#7gamespawn0Posted 1/7/2012 7:52:58 PM
Turn off bluetooth under your settings.....you're welcome
---
PSN: : Gamespawn
#8KonekoKaemon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2012 8:03:39 PM(edited)
Hmm My bluetooth is off. I think the idea of it going into a true sleep mode, as UltimateKajumba said, is what it is. Mine seems to have a timer longer than 30 seconds though before the blue flashing stops. I wonder if its based off the time we choose for the screen to go off automatically in the settings, mine being set to the max of 5 minutes.

It does make the question of why sometimes it takes longer to come out of sleep than others make sense, I'd never thought it was a matter of how long had it been since I put it to sleep.
---
#9JordycePosted 1/7/2012 8:19:23 PM(edited)
Mine is set to 5 minutes as well, no bluetooth. I just tested it, it does in fact take longer to awaken after the blue light flash. It also takes a second to update the time afterward. Changing it to 1 minute didn't seem to change anything.

Kind of disappointing when iOS devices load instantly, it's probably a battery saving technique, especially when games are running.