Just called gamestop about trading in my PSP 3000

#1PutFlamePosted 1/27/2012 5:29:15 PM
Apparently I can lower the price of my vita down to less than 100$ If I trade in my PSP with two 8g memory cards, two games (Little big planet, EndWar) and the AC adapter. I did not ask about the Color stream component cables I have for my PSP. But I do plan on trading it in as well. The man said the store credit trade in value of my PSP was 30 dollars, plus 25 with the special they have going on if I put the credit towards my Vita. So sounds pretty sweet, thought I'd share this with you guys. Have any of you done this?
#2paulinkPosted 1/27/2012 5:31:43 PM
I'm going to hold onto my psp, i've got a library full of import games that I won't be able to really get rid of if I sold my psp.
---
"Wow, you must be the pinnacle of human conscience."-CEs_EFG
Official Preacher of the Reggie Coalation Attack Force
#3XphoenixedgeXPosted 1/27/2012 5:35:30 PM(edited)
It's not that great. You could sell all those items through ebay or privately and get more in return. I don't even know why people trade things in anymore, it's a ripoff 99% of the time.
#4Neverender_IVPosted 1/27/2012 5:36:55 PM
I was seriously thinking about it, but I like my camoflauge MGS psp 3000 too much to get rid of it and my psp go is so small and compact that it's perfect for fitting in my pocket and playing emulators and watching movies that I wouldn't want to get rid of that either.

Plus I plan on waiting until a good limited edition vita or bundle deal to get it.
#5NepheraelPosted 1/27/2012 5:37:21 PM
Paullink posted...
I'm going to hold onto my psp, i've got a library full of import games that I won't be able to really get rid of if I sold my psp.

Yeah I don't have imports but I will keep both my PSP's just for the sheer amount of stuff you can do with them. not to mention the few games you can't play on vita.
---
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL
#6PutFlame(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 5:41:04 PM
I personally never found a killer game for me on the PSP. Though I enjoy the metal gears and final fantasy's. I figured I could digitally download the games I currently have hard copies of. As for emulators. They are nice, honestly they are, but I prefer to play them on my computer.
#7TheSuspectedPosted 1/27/2012 5:41:31 PM
You can't even say you want to trade it in because of time constraints, you have about a month left to sell your PSP and make some proper cash. All that alone could pull you at least $150 in cash, maybe more. Get acquainted with craigslist.
---
PSN/Steam: NaRD2ndG | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg Currently Streaming Final Fantasy XIII/BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend in 720p.
#8TheLightsAreOnPosted 1/27/2012 5:43:28 PM
The only real positive is a guaranteed quick and easy sale.

TC: Have you had your PSP long enough to say "I got my moneys worth out of it and am sure I will not miss it"?

(I know I got my moneys worth out of mine, but am still passing on selling it).
#9PutFlame(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 5:43:47 PM
I'm not a fan of selling things on a website, nor am I familiar on how to do so. I did try to sell it to a few of my friends and people I cam across that have an interest in video games. But with no luck, I figured this was the best deal I could get. knowing, of course, I could possibly do better. Oh well
#10PutFlame(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 5:45:04 PM
TheLightsAreOn posted...
The only real positive is a guaranteed quick and easy sale.

TC: Have you had your PSP long enough to say "I got my moneys worth out of it and am sure I will not miss it"?

(I know I got my moneys worth out of mine, but am still passing on selling it).

Yes I have. I bout it almost year ago from today, I bought it for 160, a week before the 40 dollar price drop...