Does the Vita come with a memory card?

#1ViolentJerichoPosted 1/30/2012 5:58:46 PM
Trying to estimate how much I'm going to be spending.

---
They need to do way instain mother!
#2Starwars4JPosted 1/30/2012 6:00:15 PM
No, but if you live in the US you can buy either the First Edition Bundle which comes with a 4GB card, or for a limited time the 3G version comes bundled with an 8GB card. This ends April 1st I believe.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3-Jammo-Posted 1/30/2012 6:04:44 PM
Thinking long term, it's smart to get a large card. Like getting the 8 gig harddrive for an XBox 360. It sounds like it will be enough, but five years into a generation, will that be enough?
I would be one of the larger cards, even though they cost a fortune. (It's like SONY knows they can overcharge us because we know it's smarter...)
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#4Starwars4JPosted 1/30/2012 6:07:39 PM
-Jammo- posted...
Thinking long term, it's smart to get a large card. Like getting the 8 gig harddrive for an XBox 360. It sounds like it will be enough, but five years into a generation, will that be enough?
I would be one of the larger cards, even though they cost a fortune. (It's like SONY knows they can overcharge us because we know it's smarter...)

Unlike with the 360, the price on memory cards will drop and be easily replaced, so why pay $100 for 32GB today when you can pay $20 for 4GB and later $50 for 32?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5NepheraelPosted 1/30/2012 6:18:22 PM
Starwars4J posted...

Unlike with the 360, the price on memory cards will drop and be easily replaced, so why pay $100 for 32GB today when you can pay $20 for 4GB and later $50 for 32?

absolutely agree. Unless you are going full digital, have quite a psp library, are getting a bunch of launch games, want them all on you, and don't want to spend time switching them out then I see no reason to get spend the $100 right now.
---
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL
#6PyjamaHeroPosted 1/30/2012 6:39:29 PM
I went ahead and picked up the launch 3g version because between the free 3g time, a free game and the 8gb card it's cheaper than the wi-fi only one.
---
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
#7The_Silent_1Posted 1/30/2012 6:55:08 PM
Target was having a deal where if you preorder the system you get a $20 gift card at pick up, which is basically enough to get a 4gb memory card. I think they are still offering it.
#8lostkiwiPosted 1/30/2012 7:11:57 PM
Starwars4J posted...

My thoughts exactly. I'll by buying the cheapest one to carry me over until the prices come down.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#9NewhopesPosted 1/31/2012 4:34:32 AM

lostkiwi posted...
Starwars4J posted...

My thoughts exactly. I'll by buying the cheapest one to carry me over until the prices come down.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.

I wouldn't hold my breath Sony frist party memory cards never droped in price on past systems.

#10PHOENIXZEROPosted 1/31/2012 4:48:31 AM(edited)
Too many people are hanging on to the hope that another party will produce the cards and prices will be driven down but the chances of that are slim unless they go about by-passing Sony's security and then run the risk of being rendered useless.. The prices will only drop when or if Sony (or retailers) decides to do so.
---
Yay for ignore!