How to transfer PSP games from PC to VITA?

#1lukedanePosted 2/10/2012 8:56:19 PM
I have a few PSP games (one’s that are compatible with the Vita) on Media Go and was wondering how I would go about transferring said games over to my VITA.

The Vita is looking for applications in ‘My Documents’ folder and the downloaded games from Media Go are there but they won’t show up on the Vita. Is there a specific name the folder should be called?, the folder with the downloaded games I mean.

I know Media Go is not compatible with the Vita but I have been hearing you can still copy PSP games from PC to Vita. Can anyone help?
#2SnoopydancePosted 2/10/2012 9:03:24 PM
I would like to know this as well for the future. Specifically I want to know if Media Go can be used in the same way as a PS3 in terms of downloading PSP games not officially compatible with the Vita.
---

#3NepheraelPosted 2/10/2012 9:04:34 PM
Content manager assistant should be able to access them if they're already on yournpc and transfer them if I'm not mistaken
---
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL
#4lukedane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 9:08:16 PM
Nepherael posted...
Content manager assistant should be able to access them if they're already on yournpc and transfer them if I'm not mistaken

I can transfer other media like Music and videos via ‘Content Manager’ just fine but the Vita isn’t detecting the PSP games at all.
#5_Ultimate_Sora_Posted 2/10/2012 9:09:33 PM
Might get an update on the 15th maybe?
#6lukedane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 9:48:16 PM(edited)
Okay, so I copied the only PSP game I had on my Vita to my PC via ‘Content Manager’ and it made a folder on my PC named ‘PS Vita’ with several sub folders with the game itself, save files and icon all there. All was right as I could see the game perfectly fine when searching for it on my Vita again through 'Content Manager'.

Now the problem seems to be the files that I have downloaded from Media Go as said files are completely different from the files that were sent from the Vita to the PC, in fact the downloaded game from Media Go is one solitary file in a folder named ‘Downloads’, which makes me think games downloaded from Media Go might not be compatible at all with the Vita. Idk?
#7lukedane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 10:36:21 PM
bump
#8NepheraelPosted 2/10/2012 10:38:18 PM
Looks like you have to download it on vita or ps3 first then transfer it from the vita to the pc and it'll back it up and be able to transfer back
---
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL
#9Neoreloaded313Posted 2/10/2012 10:47:54 PM(edited)
How long have you had the PSP games on your computer that you are trying to transfer?.
I believe Sony recently modified the PSP game files so they could be played on the Vita. That might be why you are having problems
#10lukedane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 11:01:53 PM(edited)
^the games I tried were freshly downloaded last night and the one thats on the Vita right now plays flawlessly.
Content Manager just won't recognize the folders and files that came from Media Go.