Vita CRASHED , now black screen and blue light

#1ArcXenosPosted 3/13/2012 9:12:36 AM
What do I do now ?

I was playing some dynasty warriors next , and all of the sudden everything freezed , but with the sound still on . Then it crashed into a black screen with the PS logo on blue .

What should I do now ? Since I CANNOT take out the battery (GOOD GOING SONY.) , is draining the battery the only way ?

Fail sony design is fail .
#2EnclavePosted 3/13/2012 9:14:43 AM(edited)
Do what you do with every other computer known to man when something like this happens. Hold the power button down until it does a hard shut down. So yeah, not so much fail design as it is failure on your end for not using common sense.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#3ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 9:21:23 AM(edited)
HELD down the power button for well over a minute . Nothing happened . Yes I held the power button....

While I read online that if my PS button is blinking , I can bring out the recovery menu .

But my PS button is constantly on blue , not blinking at all .
#4VsinPosted 3/13/2012 9:17:54 AM
Leave it alone for ~24 hours and the battery will run out. Then recharge it and it should work fine again.

...yeah, I've had this problem twice already. It's not a critical error, but it seriously pisses me off.
#5MetalZoicPosted 3/13/2012 9:18:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Sketch722002Posted 3/13/2012 9:18:53 AM
i wonder why I keep reading all these posts about issues with the Vita, i haven't had a single issue, other than bluetooth coming back on randomly
---
PSN/XBL - Ragdoll72
#7ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 9:19:09 AM
MetalZoic posted...
You're supposed to hold down the button, not the Vita.

Yes I did , My sentence error , sorry , I am just really anxious about my vita.
#8ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 9:19:55 AM
Sketch722002 posted...
i wonder why I keep reading all these posts about issues with the Vita, i haven't had a single issue, other than bluetooth coming back on randomly

I have that bluetooth issue too , not as big as my current situation though
#9MetalZoicPosted 3/13/2012 9:41:54 AM
That is lame. You would think that holding the power button for 10 seconds would hard-reset the system.

Really sucks if you actually have to let it die.

How does the battery work in this thing anyway? Is it not removable or replaceable? Not sure I like that, I had to replace my PSP's battery within the first year. There better be an easy way to replace it in the Vita.
#10agamerdadPosted 3/13/2012 9:52:17 AM
I had it happen once. I held down the power button for about 20 seconds and then it rebooted, brought up a restart menu and was fine. Has not happened again.