Vita CRASHED , now black screen and blue light

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Vita CRASHED , now black screen and blue light
4 years ago#1
What do I do now ?

I was playing some dynasty warriors next , and all of the sudden everything freezed , but with the sound still on . Then it crashed into a black screen with the PS logo on blue .

What should I do now ? Since I CANNOT take out the battery (GOOD GOING SONY.) , is draining the battery the only way ?

Fail sony design is fail .
4 years ago#2
Do what you do with every other computer known to man when something like this happens. Hold the power button down until it does a hard shut down. So yeah, not so much fail design as it is failure on your end for not using common sense.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
4 years ago#3
HELD down the power button for well over a minute . Nothing happened . Yes I held the power button....

While I read online that if my PS button is blinking , I can bring out the recovery menu .

But my PS button is constantly on blue , not blinking at all .
4 years ago#4
Leave it alone for ~24 hours and the battery will run out. Then recharge it and it should work fine again.

...yeah, I've had this problem twice already. It's not a critical error, but it seriously pisses me off.
(message deleted)
4 years ago#6
i wonder why I keep reading all these posts about issues with the Vita, i haven't had a single issue, other than bluetooth coming back on randomly
PSN/XBL - Ragdoll72
4 years ago#7
MetalZoic posted...
You're supposed to hold down the button, not the Vita.

Yes I did , My sentence error , sorry , I am just really anxious about my vita.
4 years ago#8
Sketch722002 posted...
i wonder why I keep reading all these posts about issues with the Vita, i haven't had a single issue, other than bluetooth coming back on randomly

I have that bluetooth issue too , not as big as my current situation though
4 years ago#9
That is lame. You would think that holding the power button for 10 seconds would hard-reset the system.

Really sucks if you actually have to let it die.

How does the battery work in this thing anyway? Is it not removable or replaceable? Not sure I like that, I had to replace my PSP's battery within the first year. There better be an easy way to replace it in the Vita.
4 years ago#10
I had it happen once. I held down the power button for about 20 seconds and then it rebooted, brought up a restart menu and was fine. Has not happened again.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Vita CRASHED , now black screen and blue light

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived