umm didn't this already happen with psp and DS

#1ace012k8Posted 1/27/2011 2:34:15 AM
maybe I was dreaming but didn't Sony already come out with a superior handheld and got its ass handed to it by a less powerful but more innovative Nintendo product?
#2godamitPosted 1/27/2011 2:36:25 AM
Well duh, Nintendo appeals to non-gamer markets tremendously more than Sony does, even moreso due to their more appealing innovations.
---
The problem with political jokes is they very often are elected
#3morphinapgPosted 1/27/2011 2:40:47 AM
I would say the 3DS and NGP are pretty equal in innovation. It's definitely going to be much closer this gen.
#4panzar dragoonPosted 1/27/2011 2:44:00 AM
The problem wasn't that nintendo had more innovation, it was that aside from Monster Hunter, the PSP had zero fun games.
---
XBOX Live GT: BlackMortyFlint
Always looking to play Halo and CoD with people
#5chris1001 the sequelPosted 1/27/2011 2:44:08 AM
The price is going to be the deciding factor. 3DS is very impressive but even then, $250 is tough to swallow for a handheld, and I doubt this thing will launch cheaper, in fact it will likely cost a fair deal more with the tech it's sporting.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#6godamitPosted 1/27/2011 2:48:55 AM(edited)

The problem wasn't that nintendo had more innovation, it was that aside from Monster Hunter, the PSP had zero fun games.

No love for MGS, God of War, Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts? Certainly more games, but these are just the first few which jumped into my head.
---
The problem with political jokes is they very often are elected
#7ace012k8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 2:51:18 AM
sadly there is just about NOTHING innovative...everything that is offered in this phone i mean handheld can be found on smart phones I just wish they had a *hook* something that cant be found anywhere else sure *it does everything* but everything does IT!!! (wow its late that didnt make sense)
#8xnamkcorPosted 1/27/2011 2:52:37 AM
It has buttons.
#9chris1001 the sequelPosted 1/27/2011 2:56:16 AM(edited)

This isn't 2005. A LOT of good games have come out for the PSP and in the years following it's launch received many high quality games. Sure DS got more, but this isn't an all or nothing thing, both were very worthy handhelds. What killed the PSP was the piracy, With the exception of PC this was probably the gaming platform most plagued by piracy in gaming history. Developers weren't blind to this, why spend the money on developing a game when it's going to sell like ass because it's piss easy to pirate the thing, hence the somewhat lackluster release calendar over the past year or two. I think the one of the most telling things is the fact that the best selling game on the platform was GTA: Liberty City Stories, which by pure coincidence was required for a time to run homebrew on non-1.5 firmware PSPs.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#10blankempathyPosted 1/27/2011 2:58:59 AM
"No love for MGS, God of War, Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts? Certainly more games, but these are just the first few which jumped into my head."

the mgs psp games are bland. havent played gow and lbp. Most of the FF games I've played on the psp (dissidia crisis core) are also mediocre same with kingdom hearts bbs, If I could get over how terrible the dialogue is in those games maybe I could enjoy them. They're like bad soap operas. The good games I do enjoy on the psp are ff tactics, valkyria chronicles and even then they have bad dialogue.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler