I just thought of something awesome...

#1Dragunov_4_everPosted 1/27/2011 4:41:27 AM
FFXI is for the PS2, right? All it really required was an add-on HDD because it took a few GB of memory with it's updates. Lets say that the NGP can play PS2 games and you bought a nice sized memory stick, aswell as getting yourself hooked up to the internet. There's technically no reason as to why you shouldn't be able to play FFXI on your NGP which would be the first portable MMO. I've always dreamed of the day that the portables can handle an MMO and it's a game that sells well like WoW so that all your friends have one. The closest thing to that would be FFXI on the NGP.
---
I bet the whole of GFAQs that Apocalypse will be a playable character in MvC3!
Official Apocalypse of the MvC3 board!
#2blankempathyPosted 1/27/2011 4:51:58 AM
I'll just leave this here....

http://cult.razerzone.com/2011/01/06/razer-switchblade%E2%84%A2-a-revolution-in-pc-gaming/
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#3Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 4:58:31 AM
That's just a concept design and isn't even properly working or available yet, so technically the NGP would the be first proper portable to play an MMO - assuming that it could play FFXI. Plus, I don't even want to think about how ridiculously priced that will be.
---
#4blankempathyPosted 1/27/2011 5:07:05 AM
well lets look at your definition of portable? you can play mmos on laptops so doesn't that count? I mean that switchblade is just a smaller laptop "technically".
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#5Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 2:06:23 PM
I mean handheld portable. Like me and a friend are out and about, we stop for a break and whip out our PSPs to go do a quick quest together on FFXI. It's so straightforward and simple. You need a bag for a laptop, and the chance of both you and friend simultaniously carrying one is rather low.
---
#6Miracle_PaintPosted 1/27/2011 2:08:08 PM
Oh man, that sounds dangerous, lol. I'd get addicted all over again.
---
Pokemon White: 4856 - 2487 - 7265
#7CubonedPosted 1/27/2011 2:14:47 PM
"You need a bag for a laptop, and the chance of both you and friend simultaniously carrying one is rather low."

you and your friends carry psps around randomly?
#8Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 2:27:08 PM
I don't use my PSP when I'm not travelling so it's in my coat pocket at all times. My friend always brings his whenever he goes somewhere.
---