I'm Calling this now

#1ugoo18Posted 1/27/2011 4:17:17 AM
The NGP will fall to the 3DS because of one simple thing, the decision to release the NGP several months after the 3DS will be a decision that ultimately destroys it's chance at competing sales-wise with the 3DS.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#2Lost_Seraph09Posted 1/27/2011 4:19:03 AM
The dreamcast came out months earlier than the ps2 but it still failed...
#3ugoo18(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 4:21:37 AM
The dreamcast was doomed to failure, the 3DS isn't by the time the NGP comes out the 3DS will already have a strong established lineup (LOZ, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, SFIV, 2RE, DOA and a lot of other's i can't remember).
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#4KlobziPosted 1/27/2011 4:23:02 AM
3DS got announced a year ago. Release is right around the corner
NGP got announced right now. Release in about 7 months/a year.

I don't think that will clash much.
#5ugoo18(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 4:24:52 AM
That's the issue, it will have a heck of a time dislodging the 3DS.
---
#6BonezWellPosted 1/27/2011 4:27:13 AM(edited)
@klobzi

It's not about the clash. It's about Nintendo having 7 months to get a strong fanbase for the 3DS with millions of sales and tons of good games, while Sony still has to release the NGP. People will be more likely to not the NGP after already buying the 3DS and the NGP probably having a high price attached to it, let alone games to play on it etc etc. All these things might give Sony a terrible launch at first, which could make the 3DS have a lead which Sony won't be able to make up, kind of what happened to the PSP.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#7shanrulezPosted 1/27/2011 4:28:00 AM
3DS won't sell as well as everyone thinks, the world isn't in the same shape it was 5 years ago. Most people will wait for Xmas etc before getting one. You wait and see
---
PSN ID: Shanrulez
Would give ya my friendcode but...kinda forgot it...
#8ugoo18(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 4:28:08 AM
^ Perfect explanation there.
---
#9ugoo18(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 4:28:45 AM
Last post was to BonezWell.
---
#10Board_hunter567Posted 1/27/2011 4:29:16 AM
NGP got announced right now. Release in about 7 months/a year.

Now we don't know that for certain.
They've had this under wraps for a while now, so it's possible it'll come out sooner than you think.