I'm expecting this to cost anywhere from 350 dollars to 400 dollars

#1xCha0sPosted 1/27/2011 5:59:51 AM
a handheld with 3G and wifi, having PS3 graphics, two touch panels, a slot for flash cards, and a very expensive touch screen, it is not possible to price it as low as 300 dollars. that just isn't going to happen, but at the same time, anything above 400 would be ridiculous to any consumer to purchase, and an automatic hell no, and would go on to fail until price dropped. considering sony has always overpriced their stuff in the past and is notorious for overpricing stuff, theres no way they will pass on the savings to the consumer and would aim at top dollar, as they can always price drop at a later date. they would create leeway, as dropping from 350 dollars to 300 isn't going to happen in the first year ro two. therefore, 350-400 dollars is the most reasonable price point for this high end sony handheld.
---
[ My Videogame Collection ] http://www.gamespot.com/users/xCha0s/games_table?mode=own
#2GeechisuPosted 1/27/2011 6:00:42 AM
Then i won't buy it, and half of people won't :3

3DS, Here i come.
Bye Bye, NGP.

Im not a fan of LittleBigPlanet, since its one of worst games i ever saw IMO.
#3xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 6:20:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4TilmitPosted 1/27/2011 6:25:27 AM(edited)
3G was never confirmed to be free to use. They could go the route of 3G capable but giving users optional service fees as a way to lower the price of the system itself. The whole PS3 graphics bit shouldn't be taken literally in the sense that it would require a budget along the lines of a PS3 game. It's more correct to say that the price increase should be attributed to better hardware.

Also, how would a slot for flash cards be a factor? If anything, not having a UMD drive would help to push back the price.
#5xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 6:24:45 AM
it doesn't have a UMD drive because the expensive back touch panel is in the way of where the UMD slot would've been
---
[ My Videogame Collection ] http://www.gamespot.com/users/xCha0s/games_table?mode=own
#6TilmitPosted 1/27/2011 6:30:14 AM(edited)
Your point being that you're comparing the cost of the touch panel and a UMD slot? I don't understand your reasoning.

Sony has been wanting to drop the UMD format. If they kept it, it would have seriously hindered what they've tried to push with the new system - better graphics, as well as to better support the new hardware.
#7Ken_the_EaglePosted 1/27/2011 6:30:22 AM
I read that this thing was going to be like a mini PS3. If that's the case, it's going to be worth the money. IMO.
---
"eye stain mah hahns wiff your brud." - Geese Howard
#8xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 6:31:15 AM
mini ps3 to me, translates to mini overpriced handheld.
---
#9realzeldaPosted 1/27/2011 6:31:27 AM
dude you are sad bash nintendo saying it is outdated even though there 3d no glasses is ahead of 3d with glasses, but why cant you just enjoy the games and thats it, all systems have highs and lows, all have great games and all have bad games.
#10xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 6:47:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]