WOW! PSP2 Has Amazing Hardware Design!!!

#1trent44Posted 1/27/2011 8:30:46 AM
I often analyze new consoles from a design stand point comparing features such as: Button Layout, Number of Button Inputs, Unique Inputs, Both Graphical Minimum and Maximum (a system with both types tends to attract a lot more developers), Load Times, Frame Rates, Bonus Features, Potential Additional Features through Firmware/Apps, etc.

Considering all of that, the PSP2 is looking to be the most flawless hardware design ever. I am having a hard time thinking of anything Sony could have overlooked (Assuming it does some sort of Mini-HDMI out through that port on the bottom).

Once this console comes out, It will be my main gaming system. This thing just looks amazing!!!
#2NarrooPosted 1/27/2011 8:33:37 AM
Really? The first thing that came to mind when I saw it was: "My God! Those buttons look terrible!"

It looks uncomfortable to play; the buttons look like they're were squished in there. Also, I get the feeling of "Cheap" from them. It reminds me of the PSP-1000, but worse.

Hopefully this isn't the final design. If so, I may be waiting for the PSP2-2000
#3HarvestMoon3DSPosted 1/27/2011 8:36:12 AM
and people call the 3DS a updated DS well we can call this a damn updated psp.. =/
#4sinncrossPosted 1/27/2011 8:38:17 AM
^previews indicate otherwise but whatever, NGP looks like an awesome system !
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Oh, another game just got Vanquish'ed by short length.
#5HoboOfAwePosted 1/27/2011 8:38:17 AM
The cheap-looking button design isn't final. Sony had squished-up buttons on an early version of the PSP1, also.
http://psp.ign.com/dor/articles/572347/psp-prototype/images/psp-prototype-20041210025435222.html
---
Old Scratch <3
Big government is your friend. They will not obsessively monitor your business nor death panel your grandma/dog. Now stop watching Fox News.
#6EpicKingdom_Posted 1/27/2011 8:39:45 AM
eff the buttons. I am just stoked on Graphics > Games > 2 Thumbsticks.
---
Biggest upset to the end of a series goes to Command and Conquer 4.
#7William_18Posted 1/27/2011 8:50:29 AM
Don't care about the graphics at all. I just care about what kind of Metal Gear game the system is going to get since they are the only reason I buy Sony systems.
---
XBL Gamertag: kaminari1
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.