Um, are there R2/L2 triggers?

#1MilitiaMarksmanPosted 1/27/2011 2:10:16 PM
nt
---
I miss the days when sigs had humorous quotes in them.-thaGreatness
#2ProudcladPosted 1/27/2011 2:11:01 PM
The touch pad will serve as R2 L2 triggers. Based on video demonstrations.
#3King_of_CaninesPosted 1/27/2011 2:12:16 PM(edited)
Yeah what the above user said I think

But at least we get a *****ing second analogue stick....omg shooters that needs camera control may actually be good...
---
People that prefer to call me KoC instead of canines or my Full Username
Number of People: 1
#4CoolAsianDudePosted 1/27/2011 2:12:42 PM
Well, guess there are no official L2 and R2, but the back touch pad takes care of all the missing/necessary buttons/functions.
---
I ask a lot of questions. Just to let 'ya know.
#5strongo9Posted 1/27/2011 2:13:01 PM
I never really saw the point in a second analog stick if the only buttons you could access while using it are L and R. But if the new back touch screen actually works just as well as buttons, then there could be hope for R2 and L2 buttons and good shooters.
---
"This game caused me to have an asthma attack for the first time in 8 months." - cyanyoshi
#6AznEDPosted 1/27/2011 2:13:38 PM
Technically speaking, the default shoulder buttons on the NGP would serve as the L2 and R2 triggers.

The L1 and R1 functions would be integrated on the touch pad, trust me, it's not as bad as people make out to be.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#7ProudcladPosted 1/27/2011 2:14:17 PM

I never really saw the point in a second analog stick if the only buttons you could access while using it are L and R. But if the new back touch screen actually works just as well as buttons, then there could be hope for R2 and L2 buttons and good shooters.

I played Dark Mirror and Resistance Retribution competitively for quite some time. A second analog stick would've been amazing. It would've removed the need for Target Lock and it would've made the games much more intense and skill-based. Sony did the right thing with a second analog stick.
#8AznEDPosted 1/27/2011 2:16:04 PM

? The second analog stick would be the camera movement easily, which the PSP shooters needed in the first place. Most shooters currently on the PSP usually stick to a weird camera control scheme such as using all the buttons on the multi-button side (square, triangle, cross, circle). It's not really fun.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#9strongo9Posted 1/27/2011 2:24:34 PM
^That's not what I I meant. With one stick controlling your movement and the other camera, you'd only have the shoulder buttons available. This would be a problem with only two shoulder buttons, but it appears the back touch screen may provide two more shoulder buttons. I didn't say there is no need for a second analog stick, I am supportive of a second analog stick, don't misread what I said.
---
"This game caused me to have an asthma attack for the first time in 8 months." - cyanyoshi
#10uwnimPosted 1/27/2011 2:54:56 PM
Use your index finger to press the buttons.
---
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]