Why the NGP will succeed, and why it will fail.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Why the NGP will succeed, and why it will fail.
5 years ago#1
The NGP is an amazing gaming system.

The biggest thing is the upgrades in controls and power. They got it,
Dual Analog stick
Face Buttons
D-Pad buttons
Other face buttons such as Start/Select
L+R Buttons
Track Pad on the back
Touch Screen
Gyro

That's a ton of ways to control the system. Personally, I love it because it will give us an ability to play games that were on consoles that worked with controllers like that of the 360 and the PS3...

Now the reason why it will fail, PIRACY. Unless Sony has managed to obliterate piracy with this new system they will fail horribly. Sony will get tons of money from system sales, but all game developers will be crushed. Though hopefully, we'll get amazing titles like we've been getting for the past year or so on the PSP. Can't wait to play it though :D
5 years ago#2
Just so you know, its impossible to both fail and succeed...Thats like saying I ate the cake but i didnt eat the cake, makes no sense.
---
Backlog: Fallout: New Vegas, Sacred 2, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Ys Seven, FF7 Crisis Core, GoldenSun:DD, Castelvania: PoR, Contact, GT5, Star Ocean games(2)
5 years ago#3
''Now the reason why it will fail, PIRACY.''

It depends on what you mean by FAIL?

FAIL that Sony didn't get the money he wanted?

Cause Piracy always increase hardware sales...
---
People that prefer to call me KoC instead of canines or my Full Username
Number of People: 1
5 years ago#4
Remember, buying used games is just as bad as pirating games. More or less. So should the NGP fail from used game sales then?
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
5 years ago#5
No system has "failed" because of piracy. Maybe the dreamcast, but I'm inclined to say they didn't have the money anyways from their failures of the Saturn, to carry them with the dreamcast.
---
If you believe in Zeus, Cthulhu and the Loch Ness Monster as your personal lords and saviors, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
5 years ago#6
Give me one example where a system completely died out thanks to piracy alone.

Oh wait, you can't.

Stop blaming piracy for failure. Failure of a system is based on a number of things, and piracy is only a small factor.

I'm not saying piracy is right, but you're quick to jump the gun on it.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - FFVII/Dissidia Let's Play!
Official Zell of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards.
5 years ago#7

Just so you know, its impossible to both fail and succeed...Thats like saying I ate the cake but i didnt eat the cake, makes no sense.

It is, it will succeed in terms of being a great system, but it will fail in terms of having a good library due to piracy.

It's like saying you ate the cake, but didn't eat the icing.

It depends on what you mean by FAIL?

FAIL that Sony didn't get the money he wanted?

Cause Piracy always increase hardware sales...

Fail as in we lose our developers because they won't make much money off the system.

Remember, buying used games is just as bad as pirating games. More or less. So should the NGP fail from used game sales then?

uh... buying used isn't as bad, because people are still paying money, however with piracy there is no payment, so the pirates run rampant without being forced into regulation under any means.

No system has "failed" because of piracy. Maybe the dreamcast, but I'm inclined to say they didn't have the money anyways from their failures of the Saturn, to carry them with the dreamcast.

Uh... the PSP was a major failure because of that. The system itself is something I love, but the library is so limited in comparison to the DS. Mainly due to piracy.
5 years ago#8

Uh... the PSP was a major failure because of that. The system itself is something I love, but the library is so limited in comparison to the DS. Mainly due to piracy.

Don't get your facts wrong. The DS had an insane amount of 3rd party support, thus overshadowing the PSP library. IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF PIRACY.

Look at Dissidia Final Fantasy, reported to have been pirated 5 million times. They're making a sequel still. GO FIGURE. Peace Walker was downloaded reportedly 3 million times. That didn't shy Hideo Kojima away from Playstation.

The PSP had little to no 3rd party support. That's why the library was small.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - FFVII/Dissidia Let's Play!
Official Zell of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards.
5 years ago#9
PS3 evaded Piracy for 4 YEARS with the PS3.

That is the longest it has ever taken a system to crack to my knowledge.

If Sony can get another 4 years out the PSP2 it will be fine.
5 years ago#10
Well, seeing as hackers (as far as I know) are still having trouble with the PSP-3000 and have just now managed to hack the Go, I'm thinking that Sony probably learned their lesson when it comes to piracy. I certainly hope so. I really don't think piracy killed the PSP, but it certainly didn't do it any favors.
---
Practice safe lunch; use condiments.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Why the NGP will succeed, and why it will fail.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived