So how powerful is NGP compared to consoles

#1t0taldjPosted 1/28/2011 9:15:57 PM
I know the 3DS is somewhere between the original Xbox and Wii. I heard it's close to PS3, but is it more powerful than the 360?
#2gransPosted 1/28/2011 10:16:42 PM
The 3DS (from tech specs and visual evidence) has polygon performance somewhere between Gamecube and Wii, but support of modern shaders and other such effects you see in modern consoles such as PS3 and 360. As a result, it's hard to narrow its power down, in some ways it's a good deal above Wii/Xbox, and in some ways it's below them. It should be able to handle any game from last gen consoles or Wii though.

NGP however appears to be quite close to the PS3. At least graphically. VERY close. Only major difference appears to be resolution at the moment. As for raw power, it has a quad core mobile processor and a really beefy GPU. I'd be interested to learn whether it will be able to handle advanced physics and AI calculations like the PS3. Games like Force Unleashed and GTA4. If it can, then it's pretty fair to say it's quite close to the PS3. And though it may be a polarizing game to gamers, Final Fantasy XIII would be another good benchmark as i heard it really pushed the PS3's power to its fullest (or close to it at least). The handheld is certainly powerful though, at least extremely close to the PS3 within the confines of its resolution.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#3BearpowersPosted 1/28/2011 10:19:49 PM
If on a scale from 1 to 100 and 100 being full power PS3.

I'd put PSP2 at a 91, 960 x 544 is not that from from 720p either so it's pretty close.
#4CorruptedRPGPosted 1/28/2011 10:22:18 PM
It's way more powerful than Wii. That should tell you something.
---
C. Playing:
#5SrgGomaOrakPosted 1/28/2011 10:24:06 PM
It's almost as powerful as the 3DS. That should tell you something.
---
Founding Member of the Goma Orak fan club
Proud member of S.T.R.O.L.L.
#6ElectricMolePosted 1/28/2011 10:30:22 PM
its smaller than wii and more powerful. which is a shame. but its not as powerful as 360 or ps3, but very close
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41YUSZ9VAg
^^^ "Make a sandwich." ^^^