About The PS Vita Party Feature

#1ultasagePosted 7/10/2011 8:43:44 AM
what i dont understand(and was confused even more after seeing the new trailer) is that, is the new party feature able to help you find friends across the globe or meet new ppl to play online games or will it just allow you to play with the friwnds you have through your psn on ps3
#2sinncrossPosted 7/10/2011 11:51:43 AM
The Party Feature is a video chat feature that allows you to chat with friends while also doing other stuff like playing games.

The PSV will also have standard PSN so hwo PSN works on ps3 will be the same on PSV in reagards to friends.

The feature you are talking about is Near, which allows you to see how many online PSV's there in in your general area. Think if it as when you see people you have met on the PS3, e only difference is that this shows people online in real time with a a much better UI for seeing what games they are paying etc.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Am going to Japan :)
#3Limen123Posted 7/10/2011 3:58:47 PM

The feature you are talking about is Near, which allows you to see how many online PSV's there in in your general area. Think if it as when you see people you have met on the PS3, e only difference is that this shows people online in real time with a a much better UI for seeing what games they are paying etc.

I wonder how far the "general area" is. Like, would it reach around my whole neighborhood, a few thousand feet, etc.
---
*pulls out Gunblade* B****, get out yo Gummi Ship and gimme all ur Munnies! - Slmcknett
Sora if he were in Grand Theft Auto.
#4sinncrossPosted 7/11/2011 2:29:24 AM
hmmm, probably neighbourhood. I assume Near uses some of the GPS tech inside the Vita to help.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Am going to Japan :)
#5EoinPosted 7/11/2011 3:29:00 AM
Limen123 posted...
I wonder how far the "general area" is. Like, would it reach around my whole neighborhood, a few thousand feet, etc.

"Near" uses GPS and/or WiFi Location so it's not actually limited to any particular distance. It'll be mostly up to developers to decide how they want to work with it.

If you check the trailers for Vita games, there's at least one (I think it was Hustle Kings, but might be wrong) that allows you to see the score boards for not just the world or your country, but also your city or state or area.