good ideas that might not come

#1omarariasPosted 7/10/2011 8:51:47 AM
i think a umd drive you can connect to the system is good laptop have simular options and sony wont have to warry about pirocy infingment
#2iveriadPosted 7/10/2011 8:57:56 AM
That's not a bad idea to solve the BC problem.
But it creates another problem : Portability.
Bringing the external umd drive wherever you go will be....bothersome.
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"
#3aaaaaa12Posted 7/10/2011 10:03:19 AM
Hmm that would be awesome but i don't think Sony will make this... Maybe some other company might do this?
---
This is it. This is your story. It all begins here. - 'Auron'
PSN : Astronica
#4medmusclePosted 7/10/2011 12:34:37 PM
For portability it could be an issue but I play my PSP at home anyway so it wouldn't matter to me or others who also play at home. While traveling, just enjoy the Vita or the PSP on their respective systems.
---
Own: PS3, PSP, 360, and DS Lite
#5HopeinhellPosted 7/10/2011 2:06:33 PM
The thing doesn't have a UMD drive because a UMD drive would be stupid for it, and a external one is just bulky just keep your psp... a good idea I'm afraid that might not come is make it so you only need to buy one copy of psv/ps3 games to be able to play both versions,
#6Limen123Posted 7/10/2011 2:50:42 PM
I was thinking more of an external UMD drive to plug into your PC to make an ISO or whatever, and then allow us to throw it into the Vita. And ONLY ISOs made from this external UMD drive will run on the Vita because of some kind of special encoding. But I see where the piracy issue will come in if this happens..

Well, maybe they could have these UMD drives at your local gamestore, and you can ask the workers/do it yourself. As long as there's a way to transfer your UMD games onto your Vita without buying another copy from PSN, I'll be fine.
---
*pulls out Gunblade* B****, get out yo Gummi Ship and gimme all ur Munnies! - Slmcknett
Sora if he were in Grand Theft Auto.
#7AstralFearPosted 7/10/2011 2:57:13 PM
My idea for BC is for Sony to release blank Vita Carts and a UMD to Cart transfer device that allows you to transfer data from a UMD.

The result would be that the UMD will most likely be erased of all data, or it will keep the data but become locked and unusable. And an accessory for people that like art on their cartridge sony could release a printer(like the Gameboy camera printer) to print out labels for the cart.
---
At some point in life every one should work in retail.
#8Limen123Posted 7/10/2011 3:05:09 PM

The result would be that the UMD will most likely be erased of all data, or it will keep the data but become locked and unusable

I'm guessing that idea is so that people won't be able to sell it afterward? But that does seem like a good idea. Kinda like what I was thinking, but without the cart.
---
*pulls out Gunblade* B****, get out yo Gummi Ship and gimme all ur Munnies! - Slmcknett
Sora if he were in Grand Theft Auto.
#9ethsfanPosted 7/10/2011 3:13:20 PM
AstralFear posted...
My idea for BC is for Sony to release blank Vita Carts and a UMD to Cart transfer device that allows you to transfer data from a UMD.

The result would be that the UMD will most likely be erased of all data, or it will keep the data but become locked and unusable. And an accessory for people that like art on their cartridge sony could release a printer(like the Gameboy camera printer) to print out labels for the cart.

cough hackers cough ...

cos ppl wouldn't be able to download games onto those blank cartridges right?
#10AstralFearPosted 7/10/2011 3:52:06 PM
ethsfan posted...
AstralFear posted...

cough hackers cough ...

cos ppl wouldn't be able to download games onto those blank cartridges right?

Honestly I don't care what people do with the cartridge. It's just 1 of many possible solutions to BC. If they make a standalone device(that doesn't require the Internet or a Computer) like I stated then hackers would have a harder time to download a game and transfer it to a cart.

The device I have in mind is pretty simple, 1 side is the UMD hatch and the other is a Cart slot. To copy the game you would need a UMD game or movie and a Blank Cart.
---
At some point in life every one should work in retail.